Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Keyforged Cartography Guild  (Read 3666 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Keyforged Cartography Guild
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2023, 01:32:58 pm »

Alright, very good. If you want more then our Eastern and Western Scholars have also been asked to come up with their report. So check back at a later time.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 02:42:30 pm »

The west is mostly a large grassland containing many birds and mammals. One of the more notable creatures in the grassland are wolves. However, at various points, there are clumps of forests inhabited by many creatures. Many of these are birds and birdfolk are extremely common in the forest clumps. There are many other creatures inhabiting the forests too. Such as squirrels, deer, elk, and wolves. Further to the west is the beach, however, it is so far west it could be counted as the east again. Inhabitants of the beach and ocean are crabs, various species of fish, and crabfolk. There seems to be various sightings of mermaids though it is hard to confirm whether they actually saw mermaids and not just some other sea creature mistaken for one.
she/her

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2023, 03:06:35 pm »

Great initial findings Western Scholar Taarka. Now if you can name 3 of these places that will be a very thorough study indeed.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2023, 03:56:32 pm »

First, there is the Great Plain of Empty. This location is by far the closest to our settlement. Despite its name, it is not empty, it just has very few towns and villages despite its large size.
By far the largest of the forests in the West is Linara forest. Linara forest is at least 2 times as big as any other forest in the West. It contains many Crowfolk, Ravenfolk, and many others who have made their home there complete with wooden houses on the treetops.
The furthest away is the coastal town of Navafir. Navafir contains many semi-aquatic creatures of various shapes and sizes. In fact, this is the town with reports of mermaid sightings.
she/her

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2023, 09:50:56 pm »

An abandoned tower in the Great Plain of Empty is a promissing new dungeon discovered by the Adventurer's Guild!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2023, 11:13:47 pm »

A5: Tavernkeeping Yaranga: A yaranga, but built tall for the half-giant founder, Elliot March. The kitchen is in the middle, where the cook can look out to the rest of the patrons.

A cooking guild maintain community cooking equipment and regulate its use.

B4: Cartography Watchtower: A tower built for getting a better perspective of Keyforged and beyond. Erected with the militaristic sensibilities of the soldier founder, Blacktooth Ripclaw.

Cartography Guild study the geography and places of interest, and partition deeds to land for appropriate use.

Go here for OOC information, or to start a new guild.

B5: Adventuring Villa: The building is something like a Roman villa. Two stories surrounding a courtyard with terracotta roves. Founded by Bruv Brightbuckle.

Adventuring Guild logs the expeditions of those who wish to leave town to raid dungeons and have a chance of coming back with treasure.

C4: Mercantile tent

A place to regulate community shopkeeping and bartering.

C5: Alchemy tent

A place to regulate community attempts to brew potions and elixers.

D4: Guildmasters Tent

A place for guildmasters to discuss Keyforged affairs and share their guild's advancements.

E1: Idling tent

A passive systems maintenance guild.

Here the community inventory document [LINK].
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2023, 01:46:28 am »

Over in the Adventurer's Guild we have coins to spend on weapons and tools but there is no blacksmith guild to make them! Anyone want to take a shot at that?
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2023, 04:26:01 am »

Very well, I shall establish a blacksmith guild at D5. I, in turn, request that either a mining guild be established or a store for metals be established under the auspices of the Mercantile guild.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2023, 06:15:06 am »

D5: Blacksmith tent

A smithing guild so the community can make weapons and tools.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2023, 06:54:49 pm »

I have returned from my expedition to the east, People of the cartographer guild, and have many things to share with you!

I have found the reason that the east has lacked much travellers, and that is the threat of war....a war so large that if we are not prepared we may get dragged in it...the easts once lucious plains and scenic mountains...and massive rivers are in peril. To the northeast, there is a nation of ogres and goblins riding upon moving cities, surrounding a mountain pass. The area they innhabbit is schorched, and there is a cult there dedicated to their leader, who I belive may be a dragon. They have been attacking all who have drawn near, and have been collecting wealth, and magical items pertaining to divinity to their lord. Perhaps adventurers may wish to investigate these occurances...once they are ready to face such beasts.

Closer to us, to the south east, however, are large nations and small city states surrounded by the massive rivers and lakes that stretch throughout the hemisphere. These river kingdoms too, are caught in this war...fighting amongst each other, the dragon...and darker forces I have yet mentioned. The land is covered in forests and jungles...harboring ancient secrets.

Far in the east, as you travel through the domains of river drakes, vast plains and jungles, you will encounter a wall of mountains. Beyond them however, I have reason to belive another kingdom lurks...one benifiting from the war against the dragon, and striking out at the river kingdoms all the same. I have seen their scouts...undead creatures that attacked my on my exploration. But I fear they are planning something massive. If we are ever to worry for a potential beseiger of our small civilization, it would be them.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2023, 10:38:44 am »

Very Scholarly, now we do need at least 3 named places amongst your report.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:42:28 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2023, 04:38:48 am »

The hills of Armandis are a seiries of mountains that line out across the vast valleys of the east. Beyond the last hills are undead creature, and inside them live many fortresses pertaining to the Dragon King of the East, and perhaps his lair himself.

The Raidplains are perhaps the largest stretch of valley in the east. Long plains with few inclines, this open space is seperated out by some of the largest rivers in the land, which make it extremely valuable for farming, and horseback riding. The several nations that live around it tend to be called the River Kingdoms.

The All-Forest is a massive jungle that litters a large portion of the southeast, seperating us from most of the conflicts. Contained within it are ancient temples to forgotten gods, and deadly beasts. It is risky to cross it, which may serve in our favor, as it will keep us out of much of the conflict brewing on the other side.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2023, 09:41:53 pm »

As a result of a recruiting related mishap, the Idle guild “tent” has burned down, rather than extinguishing it- they have turned the burning mess into a permanent bonfire.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2023, 03:52:30 am »

I am interested in establishing a sort of "NPC" guild, among other things, from reading some of the other threads. The idea is to create a sort of city simulation that other guilds can tap into for their roleplay, and will have active and inactive components. I wanted to pitch it here first to see if everyone is cool with the base concept, since there are a few moving parts:

The Lawkeeper's Guild is submitting a proposal for a tent to be established in the burgeoning outpost of Keyforged, among a wave of migrants that have newly arrived to the outpost upon stories of ripeness of the unmolested lands. The guild will provide a system of interactions to keep track of the migrants and other lesser figures, and will establish a system for members of the city to create laws, a treasury, and a city watch force of Wardens to execute the laws and collect taxes and keep order.

Guildmember Mechanics:

-City Census: A running account of the population of the city, firstly organized into barrows, of which a number will periodically be given to the cartographer's guild to record their position on the map. Barrows can have various buildings and types of populations, and each has its own main industry that can be interacted with for resources. Barrows provide taxes based off of their activity and population, as well as lists of patrons to the other guilds (tavern, blacksmith, alchemist) for them to use for their purposes.

-Lawkeeping: The Lawkeepers aren't the government, merely an agent of government, and provide services for members of the public to organize a government and enact laws, of which the guild will keep track of.

-Treasury / Law Enforcement: The economic activity of the city is tracked by the guild and its members can collect taxes, as well as enforce the laws, and investigate incidents. The taxes go into the treasury, a share of which is held to fund the Lawkeepers, and the rest are used as directed by law. This can be used to establish a starter fund for new players and guilds, and to be distributed out to existing players and guilds to kickstart the economy.

Non-Guildmember Mechanics:

-Lawbinding: Players can start their own government, enact its laws, form its judicial system, whatever they want, which the Lawkeepers will carry out by the will of the people.

-Economic Interaction: Guilds can request lists of patrons for their guilds, with however much detail they require, and we will provide them with a list of patrons and an estimate of their purses for their use. The guild will also publish a report of economic activity and what resources can be bought from the city's various burrows (for the tavern, alchemists, blacksmith, etc.) to supplement Adventure Guild supply.

-Theft: If another player wanted to make a Thieves Guild, that would work nicely, but at first mechanics will be planned for players to collect their own "taxes" from the NPCs, and later on after talking to other guilds, theft mechanics can be worked out if desired to steal from players as well.

-Report a Crime: Purely for RP sake (crimes and cases will be generated for the guildmembers to investigate and solve on their own), other members can report crimes for the guild to solve and to track down and bring justice to the perpetrators.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2023, 09:33:45 am »

I will say I do have plans for government if the game advances far enough.

Namely once the milestones I have planned, which go beyond the current ones for a few iterations, then there will be introduced a new system for guildmasters to vote on new Kingdom milestones, and a 'King' will server a term and attempt to complete it.

The Guild Hall is to be the government facility.

If however this doesn't clash with your NPC government, that's fine. Where would you like to place your tent?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5