Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best embark combat skills for one dwarf?  (Read 2576 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Best embark combat skills for one dwarf?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 02:28:11 am »

Those are days of the future past. (they work still in a strange way from what I could tell)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 07:39:57 am »

See, I don't know what this means, because while I think you're saying it's still like that, I'm also old enough to remember the pre-military-rewrite times when dropping work items to pick up war items wasn't an issue and they'd just use  their already equipped items when you drafted them

They need to grab a second item, last I heard.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 12:32:03 pm »

How do pick/axe inventoryship work with Woodcutters/Mining these days?

The world is the same as ever.

DF's bugs are the only consistent feature of my modern life

See, I don't know what this means, because while I think you're saying it's still like that, I'm also old enough to remember the pre-military-rewrite times when dropping work items to pick up war items wasn't an issue and they'd just use  their already equipped items when you drafted them

ah, back in the 'good old days' when the whole process was utterly thoughtless and easy. before min-maxing equipment became the normal advice. when elephants sharpened their tusks and waited in the shrubbery, and carp still had their teeth !

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 03:14:29 pm »

FWIW, the last game I tried an aggressive military posture was about a year ago, and that fort became unplayable much more rapidly than others which were more or less similar in other respects, BUT... Mechanic.

Setting cage traps and building atom smashers and pulling levers is really important if you want to protect your dwarves from PTSD, or avoid blood being tracked EVERYWHERE and needing everyone on cleanup, or if you don't want immigration to stall out. And, it used to be at least, keep framerate up.

I don't know whether or not it was the intent, but military force has so many downsides it is hard to justify when there is an alternative.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 04:56:36 pm »

Never underestimate wrestling. My creature of the night bard was just killed by a troglodyte placing a chokehold on it's throat until he died.
I tend to go with 2 dodge, 2 wrestling and 1 whatever, usually biting just for the heck of it, although I have never managed to train that up noticably further.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2]