Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Reign of King Arawn  (Read 20064 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Petty Kingdom of New Mahallo: Reign of King Arawn
« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2021, 10:31:56 pm »

Seems like a thing we can fix if we were to get the Archdruid on our side,
The current Archdruid is our grand-uncle. Sometimes seems a mite heavy on avoiding "conflict of interest" for our taste, but between him and Mother is like 99% of the reason they didn't flat out rebel all the years we were at boarding school.

and then divert loyalty away from King Penteram towards the Archdruid and then to King Arawn, just have to spend a little effort in getting the Archdruid to be in our favor.
I can't think of any reason for the clans to prefer Penteram over us except that he is a gregarious guy who travelled widely for hunting trips. Now that we are showing our face and Doing Things that part should clear up. (Or, we will alienate them regardless of who marries whom.)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2021, 11:11:13 pm »

Step 1: We keep everything where it is.
Step 2: FOUL TREACHERY! The druids have been (almost?) slain! Spymaster, why did you not warn us of this?! You're fired! Mathias is Spymaster once more! Anne the Elder shall be our Chancellor!
Step 3: Nails, disgraced but strangely loyal to the crown, investigates the attack on his own!
Step 4: Thanks to the heroic efforts of [insert actors here] Korrag's spy ring has been revealed and brought to heel! Who would have thought it was our own druids all along, especially after we were so supportive of them in the wake of their (almost?) losses?!
Step 5: SPYMASTER! Why didn't you warn us of this?! I can't believe I fired the old Spymaster for not seeing through the (almost?) druidic assassinations, only for him to assist in uncovering their very source! You're fired and Nails is Spymaster again!
Main problem I see with this is Nails would have to find indisputable proof of the druids treachery otherwise the Devils De'villes/Mathias assuming they have half a brain will accuse him of making it up in order to get his seat back even if Nails does get proof that cant be disputed Mathias is gonna be pissed off as hell and its possible our 4d chess scheme may get uncovered threw either clever intuition from one of the De'villes or one of the other magic (bullshit) sources of intel Korrag seems to have at every almost every square mile of our kingdom. Probably be less risky just killing Mathias since murders seem easier to get away with then almost anything else for some odd reason.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2021, 11:29:16 pm »

Probably faaaar too much effort and too many risks just to get mother back on the council proper, but it was a fun thought.
I'm genuinely unclear why we're supposed to want our mom on the council so badly. I mean, I guess she can be trusted, but there are other councillors in the world! Cut the apron strings a little.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2021, 12:19:35 am »

Probably faaaar too much effort and too many risks just to get mother back on the council proper, but it was a fun thought.
I'm genuinely unclear why we're supposed to want our mom on the council so badly. I mean, I guess she can be trusted, but there are other councillors in the world! Cut the apron strings a little.

Continuity of government?  The other candidate for that position wants to spend time with family/learning powerful heretical magic so it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2021, 12:24:06 am »

and then divert loyalty away from King Penteram towards the Archdruid and then to King Arawn, just have to spend a little effort in getting the Archdruid to be in our favor.
I can't think of any reason for the clans to prefer Penteram over us except that he is a gregarious guy who travelled widely for hunting trips. Now that we are showing our face and Doing Things that part should clear up. (Or, we will alienate them regardless of who marries whom.)
Penteram donated a bunch of weapons to the Raider Clans a while ago, so now they're chummier with him than us.

Main problem I see with this is Nails would have to find indisputable proof of the druids treachery otherwise the Devils De'villes/Mathias assuming they have half a brain will accuse him of making it up in order to get his seat back even if Nails does get proof that cant be disputed Mathias is gonna be pissed off as hell and its possible our 4d chess scheme may get uncovered threw either clever intuition from one of the De'villes or one of the other magic (bullshit) sources of intel Korrag seems to have at every almost every square mile of our kingdom. Probably be less risky just killing Mathias since murders seem easier to get away with then almost anything else for some odd reason.
Well yes, my (bad) plan involves fully rooting out the traitor druids using Nails as a figurehead for all our behind the scenes efforts. Anything about that going wrong is one of the many failure points for the whole operation.

I'm not sure murdering any specific target is easier to pull off than anything else, but I'll admit we've seen an awful lot of stabbings in our fairly short reign.

I'd like to make our wife Lady of the Court, it feels mean to oust mother entirely from power, and we're not especially attached to any of the DeVilles. This makes it a tempting (if petty) swap.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]