Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]  (Read 9127 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 2: Crabtacular Conclusion]
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2021, 10:08:46 pm »

After eating the provided food with surprising (to her, for she didn't realize how hungry she was) ferocity, Isha quickly snatches up the light Ambercloth armor and puts it on. Any reservations she might have had about stealing somebody's clothing, the boko-style armor looking raggedy, or changing clothes in front of dozens of people in broad daylight are superseded by the need for protection.

Sing a song for our new friends to hopefully inspire them!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 2: Angry Gods]
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2021, 10:15:13 pm »

Give the light armor to Isha, instruct her to wear it.  For her own safety.  Then deconstruct the medium skirt for two R1 cloth pieces; bring these to Solun, and request he make bombs.  I'm keeping the previous loot spoiler updated.

Fenil approaches Solun while he eats, politely waiting for him to finish.  "I am uncertain, but you are a smith, are you not?  I'd like help creating explosives, for use if we meet more heavily armored enemies like the crabs.  You and Reed came far too close to death in that fight."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked in the Wild [1st Hour of Afternoon, Day 1]
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2021, 09:39:07 pm »

...this is getting darned repetitive, but keep walking.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:30 am »

1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle

After a fairly leisurely meal, the group rather casually topples into building their own settlement. A short journey northeast reveals fairly thick palms... and suspicious outcroppings further ahead. Salty Pete confirms these as Luminous Stones, a type of gem associated with the undead, and insists that while you'll gather wood and food down below, it'd be more sound to build atop the hills.

"The dead'll keep us company tonight," he rambles ominously.

In the meantime, Arquen and Archeologist finally catch up to the main group. The captain is displeased to note that they have no news of the other group, but there's little to be done for it.

A good deal of hacking and foraging, much dragging of logs up hills, and some furious hammering later, night falls.

This time, you're ready.

You all lie very quiet and still inside a rough low log shelter, ignoring the pale blue glow from those crystals and hoping the shambling undead crabs outside can't smell your fear. It seems to work- you hear thumping on the roof and prodding from the sides, but nothing seriously tries to break in. By morning, you're as refreshed as can be expected (recover 25% of Health and Burned resources, or 50% if you brought a bedroll).

Emerging from your lair, you find the morning drizzly and grey. A light rain (Rank 1) permeates the area. The crew mills about, poking things with sticks while the captain shakes bokoblins and talks numbers with Salty Pete.

It's Diamond Glee, the fairy, who flutters over to you lot specifically, though.

"Lost? Adrift? Looking for purpose in life? It occurs to me that we need metal to build walls, and scrounging for that in these rocks isn't ideal. If you're not gonna help with the mundane harvesting and building, maybe you wanna brave the bokoblin hordes? I've got something good for ya if you can find me 30 Metal."

It also occurs to you that the pirates don't seem to have a cookpot handy. You've been eating confiscated bokoblin rations for the past few meals, but that's gotta run out soon.

Finally, you're on Murder Crab Island. There's bound to be things out there you want to explore, fight, avoid, and/or harvest.

Regardless, you've (very technically) founded a new settlement! The ominously named Ghost Town is an achievement you can sort of be proud of! You all get one Token for this momentous occasion.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2021, 02:17:50 am »

Isha doesn't need to recover any HP or mana and has a sleeping bag, so she'll lend that to whoever needs it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2021, 07:06:49 pm »

Use another R0 crab dust to make more soap, and maintain the well-groomed status.  Crab dust already subtracted from the loot spoiler.

Complete the last turn's critter-grabbing effort.  The critters will be required for further soap, or possibly food.

Fenil would be happy to heal anyone who needs it, before sleeping, because her healing is way more efficient than natural healing.  But people have to post their sheets first, I'm not checking back to see who needs it.

Finally, gather a role-call of heroes who are interested in going out and hunting Bokos.  Prod Isha into volunteering as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Shipwrecked [1st Hour of Morning, Day 3: Victory Jingle]
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2021, 11:03:01 pm »

Nature: [3][2] + 1 = 6

Fenil recalls attempting to find critters in the sand earlier, but failing to locate any.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]