Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57607 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC!
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »

If you send in actions early, I'll skip the long night phase. If Griffinpup doesn't post today, he'll be modkilled.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC!
« Reply #631 on: September 03, 2016, 08:35:24 am »

If you send in actions early, I'll skip the long night phase. If Griffinpup doesn't post today, he'll be modkilled.
Uhh ._.
NQT: Griffinpup is ded.

Danger Room
A damp passage leads east and narrow steps climb up, but the main attraction is the gauntlet run to the imposing Tomb Doors on the far north end. First there's a deactivated spinning blade trap, then the tell-tale nozzles of a flame trap, and finally a bottomless chasm, the bridge long since fallen from its two hanging points (far and near).

The dead body of Dustan Hache lies here, strangled to death and vacated of belongings.

The dead body of Tomasque lies here, strangled to death and thoroughly rifled through.

The dead body of TBF lies here, shot to death, shirt ruffled.

Someone has carved the following into the floor here: "We, as scum, have decided to remain cooperative and let you find the Tomb.  Let's do it"

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Fallacy
Tiruin Burnt

In the least, searching up Griffinpup's name has it list out as him leaving a body that was searched back there.

Well then. I'm going to hope that you're town, Tiruin.

Care for any more medical treatment?

And... who shot Fish?
And I'M going to hope you passed me a message saying "... HAHAHAHA" .____.
So either TBF is town and Persus is an assassin or whatjusthappened.

...I'll just shuffle away to the everywherebut-here and get along with life.
And yes I care for medical treatment :v Heal me last [/yes sarcasm]

Wait, Griffinpup is alive?
I'm all alone. In a tomb with you two.
 :-\
Kill me now please?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 14 - Running The Gauntlet
« Reply #632 on: September 03, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »

I guess NQT must have copy-pasted the round start update from a previous round where griffinpup was alive, I guess.

I also didn't kill TBF. I'm three rooms away looting some stuff, including something I think might protect from that flame trap.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 14 - Running The Gauntlet
« Reply #633 on: September 05, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »

Puzzle Phase 14

Please send in your four actions to me in the next 24 hours, if you haven't already. If you need a reminder of your inventory or anything else, do let me know.

Spoiler: Possible Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Puzzle Phase 14 - The Long Night Ahead
« Reply #634 on: February 05, 2021, 05:49:21 pm »

The Long Night is over.

I got bogged down with work, left it a long time waiting for a player to send a night PM and then later lost the notes for this game. One thousand apologies!

But after so long I probably do owe some kind of answer. From my feel of it, I think it was assured to be an assassin's victory, though not with an improved ending. Tiruin and Fallacy were in a position in which they could have killed Persus. Persus hadn't figured everything for getting safely out. The assassins hadn't discovered the way to raise their dead God either which I think was the advanced win condition.

I'm obviously disappointed I wasn't able to bring the game to the complete and satisfying conclusion you all deserved for taking part. I can however share the roles I found in the PMs and the final unimplemented actions.

ASSASSINS WIN - Tiruin, Griffinpup and FillipK/FallacyofUrist are Victors
Until the next band of tomb robber come...

These were the roles:

Explorers
Spoiler: Teneb - Nadège Ngozi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persus13 - Atoc Mamani (click to show/hide)

Assassins
Spoiler: Tiruin - Luna Knight (click to show/hide)

Actions
Spoiler: Tiruin's Last Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persus's Last Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 06:01:07 pm by notquitethere »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory
« Reply #635 on: February 05, 2021, 07:40:37 pm »

Four years later... Spongebob narrator voice.

But at least I sorta won, heh. GG? It was really fun playing this while it lasted.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 05, 2021, 07:46:28 pm »

Thanks for your patience and for replacing in. I think Persus's armor would have soaked a bullet or two but eventually Tiruin would probably garotted him (though he may have been fast enough to run away).

If anyone is wondering, the speeds were displayed to the players approximately, but everyone had a unique number from 1-13. It's all in a spreadsheet on a dead hard drive somewhere probably.

Perhaps in 2026 I'll run Return to Puzzle Temple Panic and the survivors can reprise their roles.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 06, 2021, 03:44:35 am »

What a blast from the past. Thanks for surfacing this again.

BTW, Griffinpup, I was the guy that shot you.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 06, 2021, 07:03:54 pm »

Wow, I'm glad I didn't trust anyone left alive.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]