Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Engineering (Travel Phase)  (Read 2240 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

She was quiet for a moment, face betraying nothing. "I've got one job. Protect my Queen." It wasn't as if it was much different from what she'd been doing already. "There's only one way for me to do that right now." The knight couldn't get back, it was clear. That boundary had thrown her back every time she'd gotten close, suppressing her with shades and regret. "If you're really doing what you say you're doing, then I'm going to help. You can count on me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra nodded. "All right. I suppose we'd better get you introduced to the others. Unless there's something you'd rather do?" Lyra stopped as another question came to her. "Actually, would you mind telling us what you can do in a fight? Always useful to know before the shooting starts. I know how to handle a firearm, but I prefer to lead with my wrench. I can be pretty fast on my feet, you see. Lets me dodge attacks and lay the hurt on people."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

"Perseverance here lets me summon a storm of Thunder on or inside my body." She tapped the handle of the blade, whose guard was decorated with wolf motifs. "It's enough to throw off bullets and makes it hard to approach at all. Especially if you let me grab you, as you saw." L gestured vaguely at the spot where the charred woman had been a few moments ago. "I'm also a decent. . . okay, I'm a bad shot, but the bullets pull enough charge that it still hurts when I miss. OI didn't really have marksmanship in the curriculum, unless that was in the senior courses." Her eyebrows drew together in thought. L considered telling them about the final ability of hers, but she preferred to keep a weakness like that under wraps. "Uh. . . that's basically it, I think? I'm okay at math, too."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"I am extremely difficult to damage," Alexandria contributes, "Should we find ourselves in battle, my shields should provide effective protection for you if you suspect you will be unable to withstand further attacks.  Should my allies not be in need of cover, I am a decent martial artist, and my friend Zoe Walker has loaned me use of the Orbital Friendship Cannon."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

The contractor nodded as the two of them explained their abilities.

"Well. Good to meet the both of you proper, even if the circumstances are rather..." Lyra looked over at the spot where the two corpses once lay. "Unorthodox. At any rate, I suppose we should show you the rest of this place?" Lyra turned to Alexandria. "I'm not terribly familiar with this place myself, so the both of us can become familiar with it at once."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

"Sounds like a plan." L nodded. "But. . . Orbital Friendship Cannon? Is this a magical girl show or something? I don't generally have a strong association between friendship and cannons." She raised an eyebrow, though the distance she had to crane her neck up to look at Alexandria somewhat ruined the effect - especially when she didn't actually reach the android's eyes. "Though, I suppose I shouldn't question how things work when I'm walking around without a pulse."
"
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"The Orbital Friendship Cannon is a 400mm spinal railgun mounted in the heavy cruiser Red Dawn, owned by my...  I hesitate to say good...  My old friend Zoe Walker.  She has loaned me the use of her starship for the duration of the campaign against the Trespassers as an apology for knocking me into an unstable dimensional rift and sending me out of my native universe.  The Red Dawn is equipped with a harmonic energy capacitor.  It gathers ambient mana charged with specific emotions, dumps the magic into a runic matrix carved into the cannon's slug or shell, and..."  Alexandria shakes her head, "I'm not exactly close enough to fitting the definition of life to wield magic myself, so I do not fully understand the specifics.  But I believe it harvests magic power from the bonds between friends and comrades in arms, and uses that to amplify the power of the railgun, while fully containing any collateral damage.  It also causes the projectile to trail rainbow shockwaves."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

"A spinal-mounted rail. . ." L visibly deflated. "A 400mm railgun. Fired from orbit. I thought my holy weapon was on the stronger end, but there's only one way I could even come close to matching that, and if that was an option, I wouldn't be here." She sighed. You knew you were in way over your head from the start. You should have just given up a while ago. But you won't, will you? "I guess I'll find a way to be helpful somehow."
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"You would not use a sledgehammer to do the work of a scalpel, would you?" Alexandria asks, intuiting the general direction of L's thoughts, "Orbital bombardment is not a universal solution.  The cannon requires a great deal of harmonic energy in order to be fully effective, its fire rate and target acquisition methods are by no definitions swift, and deploying it indoors is...  Possible, but not recommended.  Additionally, holy weapons can be quite useful.  Divinely aligned effects in a useful form are not so common as you assume.  I believe your arrival gives this team only two individuals with such capability."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra nodded at Alexandria's words. "If nothing else, you can do things like distract the enemy, make them split their attention. That can be more useful than you think. It's also most of what I've been doing so far in fights." Lyra grinned in embarrassment as she said this. Hopefully the two of them would be doing more than that, but if it helped, Lyra was fine with it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

"I don't think it's that kind of holy. A goddess did help make it, but. . ." She looked down at the hilt sprouting from her chest, a terrible memory floating into her mind unbidden. "It wasn't pretty. I don't know. It's complicated and I don't know enough about how any of this works." Another sigh. "I do make a good distraction, though. Too good, sometimes." This last was muttered under her breath and irritable; chances were she wasn't actually referring to combat with that. "Drawing attention off someone else is basically what I do." Did. And then when you kept doing it, you ruined everything. She shook her head. Moping at strangers could be done some other time. "Anyway, um, anything I can be doing right now? I'd ask if there was a place to sleep, but. . ." She gestured at the now-clean spots on the floor where the two corpses had been.
GM of Trespassers V2.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

The grin turned to a frown as Lyra realized she'd touched a nerve. "I, uh... didn't..." Lyra tried to shake off the hesitation and awkwardness. Change the subject. That was always a good idea, right? "A-anyway, uh, sleeping quarters? We've got those not far from here. You wanna check the place out, you can just follow me." With that, the contractor began heading in the direction of the barracks. Voidmother, maybe she wasn't the best choice to be talking to this new arrival - especially considering she seemed to have problems of her own - but, well, no-one else was showing up.

Lyra just hoped she didn't wind up saying something else that brought up bad memories...

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"There's plenty of spare rooms.  Since there's not a dead body wedged in the gears after all, I can help lead you to one," Alexandria contributes

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Bliznex

Like a Quantum Chameleon, Bliznex goes from unnoticeably in the background, silently listening in on someone else's conversation, to noticeably there- just to stumble out of engineering in search of food.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]