Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Masterwork Chef Race  (Read 1561 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Chef Race
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 10:45:30 pm »

Well, that depends on what kind of furnace you have converted into an oven. If it's one of those fancy mechanical ones with a fan inside, 200C. For a regular one, 220C.
But I assumed that no one would actually be cooking these to see how they turn out, so I figured things like exact measurements and oven temps wouldn't be important (unless they were unusual, like a very high or very low temperature).
Long Live United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 11:56:29 pm »

Most good fortresses have electricity or perpetual kinetic power of some sort.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 06:23:01 pm »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 09:08:16 pm »

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 03:42:13 am »

Sorry on the delay, can I join?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 05:59:41 am »

Sorry on the delay, can I join?

Sure, grab a dwarf, 3 ingredients, a recipe and get posting!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »

Shameless bump.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »

Still waiting for High Tyrol and Rockeater's recipes. Otherwise I'll go straight to judgement and see what happens.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 01:19:27 pm »

Don't wait for me
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »

Don't waiton me either

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 02:36:14 pm »

Ladies and Gentledwarves, showcasing the aspiration of our chefs we have 2 magnificent meals to show case.

The audience is welcome to rate each course according to the following criteria:

Description - How well your food looks on text

Process - How well the cooking methods used on your food looks on text

Dwarfiness (originality) - Meta note: Dwarf nobles favor bizarre and rich foods. The more creative your ingredients and dishes are, the better. But it all needs to come together to make a good and flavorful dish.

Appeal - An arbitrary value where judges decide on what they think about the overall taste and balance.

Each Criteria is rated on a scale of up to 5 for a maximum score of 20.

The GM votes last.

Rithar Imnel:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Concept: Fresh, juicy rat, baked in crunchy pastry. The pastry keeps the rat warm for a while, so it's perfect for eating on the go!

Ingredients:
Cave Wheat Flour
Dwarven Butter
Whole Rat

Process:
Add diced butter and a pinch of salt to flour in bowl. Rub butter into flour with hands, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add just enough cold water to form a ball- careful, too much and the pastry will get soggy!
Cover the bowl with a cloth and place in icebox.

Now, prepare the rat. Remove the skin (some people prefer shaving the rat and leaving the skin on, but I prefer skinless), then slice the meat from the bones. Chop the meat into rough chunks, then season with salt and pepper. (Set aside the bones and unused organs for making stock).

Now, take the chilled pastry and roll it out into a circle, about 5mm thick. Place the rat meat in the centre, then fold pastry upwards from both sides and pinch together. Use extra pastry and a knife to make the pasty resemble a rat, which always brings a smile to people's faces. Finally, brush the pasty with a little melted butter, and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes.

Grobo Thnideer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Concept: Six savory meatballs sprinkled with curds. Served with a refreshing cup of whey to cleanse the palette.

Ingredients:
1 plump helmet cap
1 cow udder
3 cups of cow milk

Process: Grind the udder into very small chunks, and grind the plump helmet cap into a thick paste. Mix the meat chunks and mushroom paste in bowl with half a cup of milk and half a teaspoon of salt. Form the mixture into six meatballs of equal size, and place them on a small metal pan. Broil them under medium heat until their outsides are thoroughly browned.

While the meatballs are broiling, pour the remaining milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil at medium-high heat, then let it boil for another two minutes. Stir occasionally while you watch the curds form. Let it cool before pouring it through a cheesecloth to separate the curds and whey.

Once the meatballs are done, sprinkle the curds on top and serve immediately with a cup of whey.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 12:05:15 pm »

Not many people interested in cooking, apparently.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2]