Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in a modded, narrative Succession Fort?

Yes
- 7 (77.8%)
No
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interest in a modded, narrative Succession Fort?  (Read 1900 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Interest in a modded, narrative Succession Fort?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »

Dwarves in my modpack only use flintlocks and blunderbus rifles - aside from that they aren't different from vanilla, though I could try to look for a mod that adds more steampunky stuff to them that hopefully doesn't involve DFhack.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 04:13:03 pm »

So... wanna start making plans?
List every geographical feature you want the world to have, how many civilizations and races etc etc.
Also please tell us more about the mod we'll be playing with.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:29 pm »

I was thinking of including my own modpack (and a WIP pack that I have for the caverns), along with some RAW Travesty creatures from myself and several other users - that said I'm still thinking of what other mods to include, preferably from some other people. My own pack would mostly be adding more creatures that'd try to attack the fort; more potentially hostile or friendly civs as well that'd come for sieges or trading. Some new weapons for the dorfs to play around with as well.

If any of you guys or any readers have requests then make sure to post a download link - same if you have your own stuff that you want to include, just give me a download link and I'll include it in the file.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:38:43 pm by ZM5 »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 08:57:19 pm »

I've often been interested in creatures who are treated in a different manner than they are in Vanilla DF: Each different "creature" actually represents a biome rather than an individual species.  Instead, each different species is a caste of that biome that has a percentage of a chance of showing up.  This way, the predator/prey populations would more accurately be modeled, and entire biomes of creatures could be present at a time.  (Perhaps simplifying it down to the primary herbivore level, rather than all the way to protozoa and insects.)  This could be applied to Cave-creatures as well as water creatures - no more hunting a single pack of wolves to extinction, but rather hunting deer, with some wolves thrown in, birds, snakes and the like all appearing at the same time.

Unfortunately, my programming chops are not up to the task: so far the idea has remained conceptual only.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 [2]