Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Elf Retreat! (v1.2)  (Read 17335 times)

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Retreat! (v1.2)
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »

Said forumite has three links in his sig, none of which appear to be what you say they are.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2011, 08:29:44 pm »

Said forumite has three links in his sig, none of which appear to be what you say they are.
ADV Homes is for retiring forts. DFHack and its tool mode are by Peterix, the link for that is in his sig or you could use the search function (or right Here).
Sorry for accidentally misleading you
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »

OK...

I think I'm going to stay away from any of the stuff in the aforementioned links or the link above until I grow a second brain (or some equivalent but not ridiculous thing).

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »

Spoiler: a small sneak peek (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 02:48:46 pm »

Also the prone to rage tag is wrong.
It's supposed to be [PRONE_TO_RAGE:XX] where XX is a number.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

Do poisoned weapons actually work? I'm not a fan of the particular work-around for that, if only because it's so unstable.

And thanks, jaxy. I've been trying to figure out why the berserkers won't rage. I'm surprised I missed that, but lately a lot of my modding efforts have been messy and haphazard so that's probably why >_>
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:27 pm »

What is the value of copperwood compared to that of copper and wood? What is the value of ironwood compared to that of iron and wood?

Three ideas related to metalwoods:
1. A "silverwood" and a "goldwood" that are made similarly to how copper and iron woods are, but being heavy, valuable, and bad at weapon making.
2. "Alloys" of two or three different kinds of -woods to make a new kind of wood.
3. Steelwood, made by combining some rare-but-findable-if-you-know-where-to-look-thing, a rare herb maybe, that is steel-equivalent. Maybe also an EXTREMELY valuable type of wood, even more valuable than aluminum and maybe as light, that is made from goldwood the way steelwood is made from ironwood.

A few other ideas:
4. Unique trap components? Maybe a large leafblade?
5. Wooden mechanisms?
6. Name: War Elves, or Tinker Elves, or Trap Elves, or something.
7. Giant wooden corkscrews, if only for screw presses.
8. A caste of wimpy whatever-elves that learns combat, menial labor, and healthcare skills slowly, crafting skills quickly, and starts with natural skill in surgery and mechanics. Call them "Mad Elves" or something, and have them be a bit rarer than the berserkers.
9. Alcoholic elves of some kind, which are slower, dumber, and [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT], but breed quickly and are cheerful. Kinda like Genesis's mushroom dwarves.
10. Other castes with inbuilt neuroses and psychoses like these. Sounds !!FUN!!, no?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 02:19:12 am »

Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 08:20:57 am »

Cool.

Also, what's happening with this mod, Thatkid?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knightl

• Bay Watcher
  • Slightly mad- A happy mad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2013, 04:29:38 am »

*Cloth Robes of Necromancy*

I am sorry for Necroing this topic majorly, But will work on this mod continue? I love this mod and still see room for improvement.

Extremely rarely, you'll see peasants without a bed or booze achieve it, because their life is shit.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2017, 07:28:40 pm »

How much trouble am I likely to get in if I drop these raws into 0.43.05? Is that likely to work or just be a horrendous failure?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2017, 07:32:51 pm »

You should steal my druid raws, those of War and Mythos, and those from Masterwork, and use them to add a workshop for Elves that lets them have animal/nature magic too - just having beasts and wooden weapons always bothered me, and elves are kind of magical critters, so it bothered me that they can't necro. So thats my input.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]