Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No sieges or attacks?  (Read 2337 times)

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No sieges or attacks?
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:42:04 am »

I'm at the end of my second year into my fortress and there has been no sieges yet. I'm on the Cursed Uborg map where everything is evil, but i embarked at an area that's supposed to be half evil half normal. It is constantly snowing succubus blood, but there are no dead grass tiles or evil weather, and i haven't encountered any evil or even non evil but savage creatures coming on my map either, just wild animals. My dwarves literally wander around the map all year around and my hunter goes around hunting and nothing happens to them. I enabled a bunch of civilizations and they are all near me, about 7-8 of them, and there is also one or two tower in the vicinity of the embark. I've had "the dead walk, hide while you still can" event a few times but that was about 2-3 creatures popping up at the edge of the map and leaving immedietly and they weren't even zombies. I've had "Intruders, drive them away!" twice i think and one snatcher attack but those were again like 2-3 creatures appearing at my bridge that ran off the map immedietly.
No werebeasts showed up either yet nor vampires. I've been getting caravans whom i traded with as well as a lot of migrants. My wealth is over 150k now too.

I haven't breached the caverns yet, so i'm unsure what is down there.

What is going on? Am i just lucky/unlucky or what? None of my dwarves have died yet.

Fox.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: No sieges or attacks?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:06:05 pm »

"the dead walk, hide while you still can", some creatures become "invisible" after coming. i received the same message, saw the undead, but they disappeared right after. i have lots of cage traps around the map to capture animal to tame/sell/use as coliseum animal. and 1 of the undeads fell onto the trap, so i discovered they haven't left;

but what caught my attention, was that the siege warning disappeared the same time they became "invisible".

and by what i've been reading, sieges are currently hard to get, and depends on the Civilizations(c hotkey to see those you know) around you. you can see all in the embark screen. i currently have 1.2kk wealth sieges happening once a season. but only 2 to 4 units.

but i may be wrong. this is my first world in the v43.

edit: if its a evil or non evil area depends on the most part of the map. if you have a 51% evil 49%  good, you will have a blood rain all over the map including the good area. if you have 51% good 49% evil, the rain will be some kind of drink.(i know of this from v37 so it may have changed). all depends not on the ground, but on the most area type.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:10:54 pm by Fox. »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 06:53:46 pm »

That is no longer true - I remember a succession fort, perhaps a MugFort, that had a half-evil half-neutral map. It didn't rain blood everywhere, just the evil part.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:25 pm »

I hate it when that vanish bug happens, but the siege tag remains. As far as I know there is another creature just outside the map boundary and its still counted as a sieging unit and it wont drop until it/they've "given up" so to speak, its why it'll disappear at random after a couple of seasons.
LP'er

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

Have same problem, noone want to kill my dwarfs  = (
700k wealth, 3+ years, no siedges, no undeads, only few wild animals come.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:56:47 pm »

Pretty common... easiest way to get raided early, build fort directly beside an enemy town or tower...  that way they have a higher chance of discovering you...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

jmlm123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:44:38 pm »

Same problem here.

4 years fort and 970k just one siege of 10 orcs :(