Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 2  (Read 2203 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Character creation is hard
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:24 am »

Name: Sips-Wine
Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Thief
Reason for Travel: A distant relative apparently included us in their will, and we have a small shipment of pearls that will fetch a higher price at the location of said parceling than they would back home. The perfect opportunity for fueling our expensive tastes and acquiring a thrilling tale for our snobbish friends in one fell swoop!
+1
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 11:30:02 am »

Name: Sips-Wine
Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Thief
Reason for Travel: A distant relative apparently included us in their will, and we have a small shipment of pearls that will fetch a higher price at the location of said parceling than they would back home. The perfect opportunity for fueling our expensive tastes and acquiring a thrilling tale for our snobbish friends in one fell swoop!
+1
+1

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »

Looks like Sips-Wine, the argonian masseuse it is then. I'll add her stats to the second post and write up the first turn, hopefully tonight.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vvardenfell adventure (SG)
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 05:55:40 pm »

Chapter 1: humble beginnings
Turn 1

Sips-Wine dutifully fills in the paperwork, her handwriting both beautiful and easily readable at the same time.
Her name, Sips-Wine.
Her race, Argonian. She knows she probably will not recieve the warmest welcome in these lands, as the Dunmer and Argonians have had many wars in the past and even today many of her race are used as slaves in Dunmer lands.
Her occupation, Masseuse. Being masseuse to many a socialite over the years has taught her many things. However antagonistic the inhabitants of the Vvardenfell might be, she is sure she can win them over with her silver tongue and charming manners.
Her birthsign, the Thief. Not the constellation with the best of reputations. But, like most of the same birthsign, Sips-Wine does have a penchant for taking risks and tends to have that extra bit of luck where it counts.
And finally, her reason for being here. The letter mentioning an inheritance. Old uncle Deldres Nalndu seems to have included her in his inheritance, even though he and Sips-Wine only met once when she was very young. They kept in touch through letters, she and the old Dunmer, but never actually met again after than one time. The letter doesn't mention what exactly she would inherit, but it does make one mighty curious. Of course, the shipment of pearls Sips-Wine has brought along will fetch a nice price in Vivec, so even if the inheritance isn't anything special it won't be a complete waste of a trip.

Sips-Wine finishes completing the document with a flourish and gently places the quill back in its holder. She hands the paper back to Socucius, who checks it over.

"Everything looks in order here. Very well miss, I've stamped your travel form. I've also written up a form stating that you are a free citizen under the imperial laws, just in case any misconceptions arise during your travels here. Just show your documents to the guard outside and you'll be able to gather your belongings."

Sips-Wine curtsies, holding the fabric of her rather expensive looking dress. It even has some minor frills, very fancy.

"Sips-Wine thanks you, mister Ergalla."

The man smiles. It is the smile of an administrative worker who is both suprised and amused by not being treated like furniture for once. Sips-Wine then shows her forms to the guard, who leads her further into the building. In the waiting room her personal belongins that were stowed on the boat are already waiting for her. A sack containing 400 gold coins, a small box filled with pearls, a basic iron dagger (an essential tool for every self-respecting traveller) and some minor assorted bits and bobs. With that done, she opens the front door of the building and steps outside.

There are several things Sips-Wine notices on this fine afternoon. First of all, it is raining. A fine drizzle that manages to get everything wet and clammy, together with a bit of fog. Secondly, this place isn't very high class. It has a very definate trade district feel to it, just on a much smaller scale. And thirdly, it's a swamp. Wet and muddy, no two ways about it.

In the center of the main road is a small Bosmer, or wood elf, who keeps approaching people and telling them how a kind man returned his stoling ring to him. Nobody really pays him emuch attention. Sips-Wine attention gets pulled to a peculiar sound. The sound seems to come from behind the houses. Indeed, she sees a giantic insect rise above the roof in the distance, one of the silt striders the Dunmer use to get around. Uncle Deldres often spoke about them in his letters. The rest of the town is mostly houses and a shop and a bar. How quaint.

Now, what should Sips-Wine next step be?

Also, What colour does Sips-Wine's accent have?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 10:08:06 pm »

What colour does Sips-Wine's accent have?

How about this one? Green Base, Maroon Glow?

Now, what should Sips-Wine next step be?

Honestly? I have no clue on that one - and, I would wager, so does at least two thirds of the forum. Morrowind is getting on in years.
Having a map, would help. Probably.

Actually, we also could take another look around, especially in direction of that silt strider.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 1
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 10:10:34 pm »

Oooh, PTW!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 1
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 10:19:30 pm »

Investigate Bilbo Baggins Ring Guy!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 06:02:17 am »

What colour does Sips-Wine's accent have?

How about this one? Green Base, Maroon Glow?
Bit vomitish. Maybe wine purple instead?

For actions, this place probably doesn't have much of interest to us. Let's try riding the silt strider for novelty purposes, presumably to an actual city. Vivec if we want to get on with our business, Balmora if we want to snoop around more first.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 2
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 09:02:53 am »

Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)
Turn 2
Seyda Neen
"Well", Sips-Wine thinks, "it would be a good idea to check out that silt strider."

Even as she makes her way over to the silt strider, rain drizzling on her scales, she cast a glance at the strange Bosmer. The Bosmer locks gazes with Sips-Wine and immediatly walks over to her.

"Hello! Have I told you about my ring?"
"Sips-Wine has only just arrived in this place, so you could not have possibly told Sips-Wine about your ring."
"Capital! You see, the guards like to pick on me sometimes. So they took my ring and hid it, the louts! But then some outlander came in with a ship and he managed to find, and he gave it back to me! I immediatly went to tell my friend who owns the store how happy I was, and that he should give the outlander a discount. And a good thing too, because not two hours later the outlander came to the store and bought out all of my friend's alchemy supplies!"
Sips wine looks blankly at the Bosmer as he just smiles dumbly at her.
"Is that it?"
"Well...yes."
"Well then, it was nice meeting you. Please excuse Sips-Wine."
The Bosmer waves at her as she walks over to the silt strider, apparently happy that he could tell someone about his ring.

Spoiler: silt strider picture (click to show/hide)

Sips-Wine approaches the little bridge that allows access to the silt strider's back. The silt strider is even larger than she remembered. The dunmer driver stands on the edge of the bridge.

"Greetings, N'wah. Can I interest you in a ride?"
"Certainly, Sips-Wine would like to know where you can go."
"I offer a flat rate of 40 gold per trip. From here, I travel to Balmora, Gnisis, Suran and Vivec. Balmora is the second largest settlement in these lands, and the seat of great house Hlaalu. Gnises is a small town in the northwest. It is  a place of pelgrimage, housing the ash mask of Vivec. There is also a small Imperial fort not far from it. Suran is medium town, home to many traders and merchants. And finally Vivec, named after the tribunal god, is the largest city in Vvardenfell. Anything can be found there, and more."
Pages: 1 [2]