Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 2  (Read 2306 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Vvardenfell adventure (SG): Chapter 1: Turn 2
« on: July 10, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »

Born on a certain day to uncertain parents, the hero of the prophecy was supposed to go through the trials and become the next Hortator and Nerevarine. To gain acceptance from Ashlander clans and Great Houses alike, and ultimately defeat the menace of Dagoth Ur beneath Red Mountain. It would have been a journey fraught with peril, new friends and many wonderous experiences.

It was a great surprise to the weavers of fate then, when the supposed hero did not follow the prophecy. Instead he spend several days brewing potions, repeatedly. Then he ingested an ungodly amount of what basically amounts to hard drugs, stole the nearest weapon he could find and sprinted off into the swamps. That is the last people saw of him. Unbeknownst to the world at large, the hero then picked up a scroll of Icarian Flight and jumped off into the sunset.

Also unbeknownst to the world at large, though it is something it could probably have guessed, hard drugs and flying do not go well together. The supposed hero completely misjudged his jump. Instead of landing safely at the base of Red Mountain, He jumped too high and too fast, much like Icarus. Unlike Icarus, he did not have his wings melt by the presence of the sun. Instead he smashed against the mountainside, reducing both the hero and the prophecy to a broken mess. Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die.

As such, Dagoth Ur's plans currently go unnoposed and you find yourself in a doomed world, it's threads of fate severed. But prophecies do have a way of popping up in the most unexpected of places, so all hope may not be lost...

Seyda Neen harbour
Your boat arrives in the humble harbour of Seyda Neen. It has been a long time at sea, even the mere thought of getting back on some solid ground fills you with happiness. Walking off of the boat and onto the docks, you take a deep breath. You'd love to say that this fresh air is exactly what you wanted, but to be honest it kind of smells like fish. You don't really get to do any sightseeing yet as the dock is surrounded by a large wall and a building. You are lead into the Census and Excise Office by an imperial soldier. Inside, you are greeted by a man called Socucius Ergalla.

"Ah yes, we've been expecting you. You'll have to complete some paperwork before you can leave and continue your voyage. Just a formality, I assure you it won't take long."

imperial travel form A12-1
I, undersigned, swear that all the below information is truthful, on penalty of fining or imprisonment

Name:
Race:
Birthsign:
Reason for Travel:

Spoiler: hello! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Birthsigns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Occupation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:03:02 am by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Map
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Character

Name: Sips-Wine
Race: Argonian (Can stay under water for a long time without the need to breathe, immune to pretty much all poisons, highly resistant to diseases.)
Birthsign: The Thief
Occupation: Socialite Masseuse (Well versed in massaging and sweet-talking people.)

Known spells: Akaviri Danger-sense (Make yourself much less likely to be hit by melee attacks. Needs time to recharge.)

Inventory: 400 coins, small box of pearls, iron dagger
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:56:20 pm by Pancaek »

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Iv Masson
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Atronach
Reason for Travel: Claims to have saw a vision of himself traveling to the Ghost Gate Shrine.
Is this good?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:25:35 am by Darth Jefe »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I'm not sure a meridia worshipper works well as an occupation. I'm really looking for something that defines the characters skillset, stuff they're good at, for when I need to decide the outcome of the actions. A necromancer does necromancy, a bard plays music and charms people, a merchant buys/sells and smooth talks people, etc. I hope I'm making sense here. A worshipper of meridian seems more like something someone does in their off time, especially in a place like morrowind.

Then again, if you disagree, feel free to convince me otherwise. Maybe I'm just interpreting things wrong.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, added a profession that a Meridia worshiper may have.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that works just fine I think.

I'll only update tomorrow evening after work. So people can either +1 your choice or post theirs. Also because I'm currently in bed and on my phone, and no way I'm writing a turn on this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just posting this real quick to remind myself to add a map once I get home from work.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Making sheet...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reason for Travel: Claims to have saw of vision of himself traveling to the Ghost Gate Shrine.
Is this good?
+1, but instead of being a Merida Worshipper/Undead Hunter, I suggest that we become a Necromancer Bard. We could raise a bunch of cheap minions, then buff them up with songs!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reason for Travel: Claims to have saw of vision of himself traveling to the Ghost Gate Shrine.
Is this good?
+1, but instead of being a Merida Worshiper/Undead Hunter, I suggest that we become a Necromancer Bard. We could raise a bunch of cheap minions, then buff them up with songs!
Bards do not work the same way in Morrowind as they do in other games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that we're not strictly following the lore. So did style bards could totally work

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that we're not strictly following the lore. So did style bards could totally work
Okay, good to know. I'm still for Undead Hunter who Worships Meridia though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Name: Sips-Wine
Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Thief
Reason for Travel: A distant relative apparently included us in their will, and we have a small shipment of pearls that will fetch a higher price at the location of said parceling than they would back home. The perfect opportunity for fueling our expensive tastes and acquiring a thrilling tale for our snobbish friends in one fell swoop!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bard. necromancer.
First off, how does that fit together?
Second... this sounds crazy. Like, reeaally crazy.
Fortunately, I am the High King of Skyrim!
There! Now it works!

Name: Telondil
Race: Altmer
Birthsign: The Apprentice
Reason for Travel: Plans to compose an opera about the fall of Dwemereth and of the Chimer. A - supposedly - epic tragedy of the folly of daedra worship, and not being of Altmer blood.

Description: An altmeri of veritable age, Telondil has somehow acquired the dubious occupation of bard and necromancer. Obviously, the soul-less dead have no appreciation for such arts, though their enemies just might. If the grizzened mer struts his lute in seriousness, and starts to chant a song, even animals can't deny the power within his actions. Telondils art can drive others into panic, and temporary insanity.
If one were to ask, just what he has done to become what he is now, he might tell about the time he tried to make a troll dance routine - Dead ones, of course - or go on about how he tried to desecrate the remains of Uriel Septim the Third. How much truth there is, to any of his statements, is best left for any observer himself to decide.

Anything above this line, should not be taken seriously.
An acolyte of sheogorath, would really be "scraping the bottom of the barrel".
If it would be a good idea, is another matter though. (I'd guess "no". Like, really no. Just... let's.. not do this. Okay?)
Yeah~ while "serious" from a lore standpoint of view, this character, after initial enjoyment and randomness, won't do much good for this game. Or so I fear, at least.
I withold my own vote from this character. Take that as you will.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this is a little awkward. We've currently got 4 potential character, each with a single vote. Except the last one, which technically has 0 votes. Well then.
Pages: [1] 2