Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Artifact recursion!  (Read 4680 times)

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact recursion!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 04:21:39 am »

I've gotten images of artifacts on the artifacts themselves.  Annoying but better than "the dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves".

As for sparring, usually I've had them train up in wrestling then given them weapons.  I had a few injuries, so this fort I switched it and gave them all obsidian swords to start out with.  That was an incredibly BAD idea.  I've already lost 1/4 to 1/3 of my military to sparring-related deaths.  Next time I start up, they're all getting wooden swords.  Do the elves make wooden hammers and such?

You could always make silver weapons. They have the same damage modifier as wood, but without the elven stink.

Obsidian swords, as I'm sure you now know, are as damaging as steal swords  :o

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 05:10:14 am »

I've gotten images of artifacts on the artifacts themselves.  Annoying but better than "the dwarf is surrounded by the dwarves".

Droste effect on artifacts is annoying to you? Or did you, by any chance, mean totally awesome?

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:59 am »

I had a gem coffin recently that had two different recursive images of itself.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 12:15:16 pm »

Meh, a lot of the carvings in my fortress are cave crocodiles, an (awesome) symbol of the dwarven government.  And a lot are of Necikarkim "Singedraces" the GCS.  No, not a giant cave spider, a giant cave swallow.  This oversized pigeon somehow killed 2 of my dwarves before it was beaten to death by a wrestler, including a child during an immigration wave.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 02:36:38 pm »

Now we've all seen artifacts with images of our earlier artifacts...here's a new one.  I started a new fortress and the first artifact was as follows...

"Fashuk Abod, ">The Meanness of Striking", a Tower-cap Harp"
"This is a Tower-cap harp.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of Tower-cap.
On the item is an image of The Meanness of Striking the Tower-cap harp in Tower-cap.
On the item is an image of shining suns in Tower-cap."

I'm not sure if the second image is supposed to mean anything special...but...since when do artifacts have images of THEMSELVES on them!?
Planepacked. A statue carved with the entire history of the world once, and itself 73 times.  Major headache there.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:42:35 pm by Simmura McCrea »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 04:14:06 pm »

A conversation about artifacts can never get past 3 pages without mentioning Planepacked
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »

Planepacked. A statue carved with the entire history of the world once, and itself 73 times.  Major headache there.

Oh dear Armok, I'd never heard of that thing.  It's pretty nice...now we just need the ability to control images/engravings/decorations/etc.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 04:30:44 pm »

No. No we don't.  >:(
Not ever.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEECCCCCCCRRRRRRRROOOOOOOO!!!!!~~

Almost seven years! Might be a world record!

I HAVE RESURRECTED A SMALL CORPSE FROM A FEW MILLENNIA AGO! IIIIII AAAAAAAAAM GOD

...ehem.

sorry...

In ur face, zchris13.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 [3]