Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Streaming: Artificial Intelligence Plays Dwarf Fortress [Twitch]  (Read 15316 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming: Artificial Intelligence Plays Dwarf Fortress [Twitch]
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 05:33:00 pm »

werecreature attacks tend to spiral out of control for the AI because it doesn't quarantine known werecreatures so month after months someone gets bitten, they kill the werecreature, then next full moon the infected bites more...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 11:46:09 am »

Interesting, so a player made blue print design is needed for were spirals. 

how about having barracks and center of fort;

barracks then entries: to bedrooms, to hospital, to food and drink pile, and to tavern; tavern -> outside entrance. 

a defend burrow from barracks should be able to handle all attacks without much patrolling

Zorbeltuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:32 am »

Did this die out? I've been waiting for a stream a while now (most of the week), or is there something waited upon (like dfhack 42.06)?

/Zorbeltuss
Kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha, jokainen häviää. / Kaikki jotuvat tappiolle kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 08:15:46 pm »

It mostly understands military, which is somewhat impressive.

Having run this 24/7 the last few days, here's what it does:

Makes squads
Equips squads
Has squads train by sparring
If a forgotten beast or megabeast attacks, it issues a kill order to the active squads to attack the threat

Now what it fails at:
Reacting to sieges, breaching [SPOILERS], or general multi creature nuisances because it doesn't understand where to station the squads in such a situation. Squads will continue training while most dwarves die only to finally react when they have visual of the enemy.

So in this way I would say that the AI has a better handle of military than 50% of most DF players.
Sure, because once it knows how to send keystrokes to game it can access military screen, setting equipment and such. But knowing where are those squads currently needed is a much bigger task, the more things like put archers here on this wall so when those enemies that are now approaching from north come closer they get shot from behind. Though some such partial tactic part may be possible through specialized templates, of walls with, ehm, let's call it, with rally points, I guess.

Well, no, it probably modifies military affairs directly rather than using keystrokes.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 03:05:44 pm »

Since the streams are down, I'm streaming my own.

I think this is the right link?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bamalam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »

Having a lot of fun with this, hope you continue developing it.  Been messing around with the dwarves by opening up the caverns a bit more to let more creatures up haha. Also like what happens to the caged baddies.  During one game it didn't seem to be brewing and once the drinks ran out they started heading for a water source (down in the caverns which was 'fun' muhaha). There were plenty of plants so I set up a Repeat order for brewing and drinks started being stockpiled again, so not sure what happened there. Hopefully will end up being able to continue from a Save. Looking forward to future updates!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:44 pm »

It's always crashing. The 42.06 version, that is. I've figured out that it always happens when it tries to run "prospect." Or perhaps right after it runs prospect.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 01:14:50 am »

It's great! Send to The Great messange about it. I think, he would like it.
Moreover, it can be exellent tool to find bugs adn test.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 01:24:22 am »

It requires DFHack, so it can only test for versions that have DFHack. Ironically, I don't think Toady has the expertise required to update DFHack.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 05:03:47 pm »

...this is neither designed by Toady nor by the makers of DFHack. It's a personal project that uses DFHack, and that has recently been updated to work with Dwarf Fortress v.0.42.06, which has had a corresponding DFHack version for a few weeks now.

I don't know how else to give feedback to the designer of this plugin.

..except crap, this wasn't posted by BenLubar, it was posted by KaelGotDwarves. So he probably won't see it. Nvm, I'm just as stupid as everyone else.
Sigtext!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

I was replying to Heretic.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:21 pm »

I'd be more impressed if the AI actually used efficient fortress layouts, rather than the blandest, simplest "make a central staircase, and spread out 4 tiles for every workshop you add" nonsense. AI doesn't need to see every workshop laid out, they should be building a "pod" system of stockpiles being decentralized by resource type with stairwells dropping from each stockpile, and a central dining hall and residency block. (Also built with decentralized vertical access, and with food preparation and storage directly above the main dining area.)

Also, there's a disturbing lack of minecarts.

Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 2 [3]