Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you punish your dwarves for random things?  (Read 2754 times)

Krewl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you punish your dwarves for random things?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 02:00:39 pm »

Lor sounds like a real badass.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »

Lor sounds like a real badass.

He's Cool Hand Luke.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 07:17:00 pm »

Once when I used the standard embark profile, the Jeweler came with just the worst attitude I had ever seen. He was too lazy to do his job, everyone had a grudge with him after 5 minutes of talking with the ass on his frequent breaks, and near the end of my patience was when he badly injured like 25 people because he hated getting snowed on between the dining hall and the living quarters. But he never actually went berzerk either, it was all tantrums followed by a good mood for having started multiple fights.

So I bricked him into the catacombs with a small store of his favorite wine, Cask of Amontillado-style.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Kamitorrorga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:54 am »

Good...That is good...
Advise 1: Babies + Miners doing an aquifer plug + underground = Floating Haunted Baby Fun.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 11:38:58 am »

I just punish dwarves for the afterlife.  Dwarves that die in stupid or sufficiently undwarfly ways get a wooden casket in my refuse pile to rest for all eternity.  Basically dwarves that deconstruct the floor they are standing on, or get alcohol poisoning, or dehydrate in a tree after running half the map to kill a crocodile without any orders to do so but then get spooked by a vulture and run screaming up a tree instead of into the fortress like the burrow told them too and falling out of the tree and breaking my woodcutters leg when I finally get the tree chopped down...  Theoretically.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 05:26:09 pm »

If I get involved in any of that, it's with good intentions. Mainly training the medical staff. I only had one fortress like that, and it wasn't long til the staff had more training dummies on their hands from an accident than I'd ever sent them on purpose.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 05:36:32 pm »

I punished a miner who automined into an FB cavern by walling the tunnel with him inside even though I could have saved him.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »

I don't usually do anything to them, but when they fail to do what I want I tend to call them little whores.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 [2]