Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Vampires should be detectable via. a dry, non-alcoholic, beard.  (Read 833 times)

Grinly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming a fortress is being run properly and your dwarves are being properly boozed, of course.

Older vampires would sometimes have a "dips beard" flag, and a vampire accused by someone who has recently licked their beard - or who sees someone else being accused of being a vampire after their beard is licked - would gain this quality.

I feel this is very important for immersion.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

What? And why?

Vampires drink booze socially now if you have a tavern.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Grinly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Curses! Foiled again by those clever vampires.

Honestly, it just popped into my head that any real dwarves beard would almost constantly be soaked in alcohol but that a vampire's beard would likely be suspiciously dry. It's such a small interaction - involving spilling and the dwarf not pathing randomly to water, getting rained on, just having been released from medical care, or a lot of other tiny things right before a body is found drained of blood - that it could lead to interesting and unexpected interactions.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:06:43 am by Grinly »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you tell the difference between a blood and gore soaked beared and a sewer brew soaked beard? It's not as easy as you'd think!

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile

Vampires should always be nobles and some Romanian name. Should avoid sunlight, glow in the dark and die from goblin blood.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

And they should never eat tomatillos.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!