Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Ocean of Stars IC  (Read 7932 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean of Stars IC
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2016, 03:38:15 am »

Tokoda had already dug out a disk of mana, absentmindedly shoving it into Fiori's hand. She probably paid Fiori too much, but she didn't really care. Steeldumplings were worth every scrap of mana in her hungry mind. She eagerly stuffed her mouth, savoring each massive bite. A frown crossed her face as she chewed on the tough comfort food. Something seemed really familiar about the taste, but she couldn't place it.
"That's close to what they would serve on Ynidus, I think! I read it...in a book"
Tokoda waves dismissively at that statement, and, after another minute of chewing, makes enough room in her mouth to clarify herself. "You can't judge a place by a book on it, much less the food. We need to get a job to Ynidus one day; I'll show you all the best hole in the shells."
"Hmm, you know, I've found that Humans have an interesting reasoning on the word authentic. If they find it more pleasing, then it's more true to them-than something they dislike...I wonder if something is more or less real if you believe in it?"
A fresh dumpling halfway to her mouth, Tokoda pauses to glare at the elf. "Don't get all philosophical on me. Eat yer damn rat." With that, she goes back to her dumplings, and quiet look of bliss covers her face.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:25 am »

Fiori nodded, putting the disk of mana in her pocket with a feeling of vague guilt-like she had beaten Tokoda up and robbed her, almost. She didn't really consider it repayment, not in a way she could understand. Oddly enough, the conversation itself had been her own way of resolving their 'debt', as minor as it was-a mutual bonding between two family members. Dwarves no doubt viewed things more materially, however, then Elves...it wouldn't be easy learning to spend time with other races...she had spent more than the hundred years of her life only with her own kind, apart from the time spend marauding and plundering the others.

It would probably be easier killing Tokoda than having a deep conversation with her, Fiori thought with a what would be a slightly unsettling smile to anyone watching her closely.

In any case, she began munching her crunchy rat tail with much the same look on her face.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2016, 05:44:14 am »

Robert shall go to the market or equivalent of such and attempt to pawn the incense and other items belonging to the Captain.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2016, 08:17:11 am »

Robert shall go to the market or equivalent of such and attempt to pawn the incense and other items belonging to the Captain.
"Sad thing these are all personal. I hope the Captain had it in his will for the beneficence of whoever serves with him."

Vaye mused on the collective finances--making sure to give Robert the note of putting all profits into ship funds. What could they then do after Culworks, other than follow what contract be given to them? Reputation was a big thing around these parts, and pretty much divided by 'factions' of the population, much like political parties agreeing with others similar in their worldview.

Probably, it would be best acting as a freelance intrepid explorer, given the skills of the crew. There were many astral areas in the asteroid fields that could contain minerals and other deposits of artifacts that the ship could handle. She'd have to update herself on what the Captain logged.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]