Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Ocean of Stars IC  (Read 7914 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean of Stars IC
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2016, 08:29:33 am »

"Inevitably Successful in All Circumstances? It's a bontiful name if we start doing mercenary work, or courier runs, or take on some other occupation of similar nature." Richard chimed in after he finally emerged from the 'depths' of the voidcraft.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:26 am »

Callisto places his hands on his temples. "For fuck's sake, just call it Voidcraft #167 and be done with it! I'm going back to the demon chest."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2016, 10:17:06 am »

"I like the Demons Chest! It's suitably ominous..." Fiori says, tuning out Callisto and assuming that it was a suggestion of her own. "It's like, who knows what's in a treasure chest, right? Could be anything!"

She also thought it might be slightly risque. Not that she was sure the Demons had chests...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2016, 10:27:27 am »

"My first thought if I was a bystander hearing such a name would be thinking that the voidship hosts at least a small band of cultists and demon summoners. But that's just me." Richard rubbed his splendid moustache.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2016, 01:05:47 pm »

"Bucket? Jötunn?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2016, 07:00:34 am »

Research/Recall commonly taken names for resource/hauler ships.

"I believe we'll be changing the name soon anyway. Cheers to docking--everyone set to work on our mission. I'll also add in my proposal: Terrene Drudge."

{All-around action} Let's get this mission ongoing! Access local market and finish the mission--find contracts we can relatably use, inquire about local weaponry and port services.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2016, 07:22:40 pm »

The ship pulls into the dock, taking one of the furthest away piers. If anyone approaches the ship, a watchman would be able to spot them.

The dockmaster soon walks up and records the name written on the bow, however, before turning and leaving without a word. Perhpas if yo uwant to cover your tracks, you'd have to convince him to amend his records - or amend them yourselves.

How do you wish to go about your mission? Alone, in groups?
As a group, you can think of several leads.

The traders may hold information as to where the Captain went, and you can discover the prices of goods.
Perhaps someone in the town will know more about the incense you discovered?
Alternatively, you could ask about and try to find out more about any large, armoured knights. Perhaps you could discover more about the Captain's killers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2016, 01:08:05 am »

Tokoda focuses on finding the prices of goods and a new job.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2016, 02:18:26 am »

Rolling his eyes, Callisto starts following the dockmaster without waiting for Vaye or anyone else to tell him to do something.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2016, 12:10:04 pm »

"We should all try to stick together..." Fiori said, watched Callisto dash off to his probable doom. She sure hoped he wouldn't run into any Dragon's jaws...

As it was, she ended up following Tokoda, who at least seemed to have an idea about what to do. Fiori mostly shadowed the pilot like a bodyguard, looking menacing with her deep hood, and large cloak. It was a good deterrent to potential pick pockets if it looked like you would be pummeled into the ground by an angry warrior woman if you tried.

Action: Go scare up some information on Zarnhope, and the knights thereof. Also, try to stick with and protect Tokoda.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2016, 02:43:02 am »

Gert keeps a good watch on the deck of the [Insert ship name here].

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2016, 02:04:09 am »

((Gah, sorry, have Midterms coming and going and ending on Tuesday next week .-.))+

Seeing her crew- Hmmh :) 'My crew'-act on their own accord, Vaye decided to put general directions instead of give everyone specific orders. I think tiny steps start out here in being a leader.

Quote from: List of stuff to do:
Primary Objective:
> Resupply and finish the Captain's mission {Ongoing}
Secondary Objectives:
> Check in with Dockmaster to ensure lack of unneeded details falling into the wrong, bureaucratic hands. {✓}
> Get info on our Captain's assailants! {✓}
> Ascertain market prices {✓}
> Rumor up the local traders [which probably will be put in narrative detail instead of hard numbers for practicality] {✓}
> Finish personal quests and findings [eg That incense. Personal expenditures too] {?}
> Keep the ship safe {?}
> Update job contracts {✓}

"Everyone get back before dark. We'll have suitable information by then, and probably another contract offer at that time."

Stay back on ship and be the only one on board. Peruse the Captain's quarters for findings and details/Captain's Log.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2016, 08:18:36 am »

Meanwhile

Since no threats were issuing forth from the alleyways (Fiori thought the city suspiciously clean of bandits and wandering monsters) the Elf let herself relax a bit. She perused some of the human stalls they were passing by...'authentic' Void-Dragonstone jewelry, available in a dozen colors...Dwarfwurst and yawnions on ironbread (toasted over live magma)...supposedly working keys to one of the Complex Gears...'Elfbane' Bullets, available in bandolier, or ammo box...Magivoice communicators (probably knockoffs)...do-it-yourself hull breach sealing kit...Grue repelling Amulets...premium Chub bait...Carbonite frozen Gnomes (for decorating)...and, plenty more. She only stopped at the last one.

"...They're selling Voidrat-on-a-stick! My favorite..." She said, momentarily adjusting  course. The tail was the best part, in her opinion.

~snipe~

"Do you want anything?" She inquired Tokoda solicitously, pivoting suddenly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:20:39 am by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:05 am »

"Now that you mention it, it's been ages since I had some authentic Dwarven street food." Tokoda casts a hungry eye down the street, and cackles with glee when she spots her target. Steeldumplings, ironbread wrapped around salted meats and then steamed continuously in Ynidus's extreme heat until they were ready to eat.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »

Fiori went to the stalls and came back-voidrat stick in one hand, a batch of steaming steeldumplings in the other. She considered herself a chef-to-be (oddly enough) and knew these Steeldumplings were at least better than average-these were served with tradition, in that they were served in a heavy stone cone called a 'Scarper'. 'Scarpers' were the castoffs from mining what amounted to boils on the backs of the Giant stone crabs they used to walk across Ynidus (This supposedly did lend distinct flavors of meals cooked within, tastes unique to the city-crab they were mined from)-to relieve the constant heated pressure on the interior of the creatures. Being Dwarves, they used Scarpers as bowls, helmets, and occasionally as ammunition for cannons.

She handed Tokoda her order, but didn't ask for repayment-in fact, the concept of 'money' was quite a bit Alien to her. While many Elves were mercantile, her own clan was insular and disdained trading in anything but blood and battle...

"That's close to what they would serve on Ynidus, I think! I read it...in a book...hmm, you know, I've found that Humans have an interesting reasoning on the word authentic. If they find it more pleasing, then it's more true to them-than something they dislike...I wonder if something is more or less real if you believe in it?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:07:13 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9