Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Imperial Court OOC and Sign-Ups  (Read 2180 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Court OOC and Sign-Ups
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 06:45:19 pm »

Name: Diomedes Makris
Dynasty: Makris
Traits: 34, 19, 14, reroll for the 34: 2,
Backstory: Diomedes is the son of a prominent line of diplomats, imperial stewards, and intelligence men, with an occasional churchman salted into the mixture. Shortly before Basileus Andronikos' takeover, Diomedes received word that his father had been killed by illness while serving as an envoy in Frankia. Their mother died young, and now Diomedes and his younger brother Hektor are alone in the world, with only their large inheritance to keep them afloat. Diomedes is in his mid-twenties and has himself just returned from a posting in Italia, only to find that all records of him in the Scrinium Barbarorum were destroyed in the cleansing.

Second Character Name: Hektor Makris
Dynasty: Makris
Trait: 4
Backstory: Hektor has just turned twenty, and as a second son, has been pushed into a church career his entire life. Luckily, he took to the church like a Scythoii to horseback. Having until recently been living at a small church in the Pelopónnēsos, Hektor has just returned to the capital at his brother's request.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 12:41:37 pm »

And accepted. Lets have a look:

Diomedes:

Duelist (This Person spends his free time partaking in Duels and even in illegal Gladiatorfights. While he may gain fame and fortune, he is at a constant risk of death)
Quick (Highly Intelligent and Quick of Wit, this person excels at everything...he reserves a bonus at everything he does)
Suave (Persuasive and a Flirter, this character not only has a better chance at attracting partners but is also a better diplomat and talker)

((Holy shit that was some extremely good rolls))

Hektor:
Attractive (This character looks extremely good, he attracts both sexes. That gives him a higher chance at having children and persuading other people.)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 02:36:52 pm »

Ah.  Say Hello to the new Emperor, then...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 12:52:26 pm »

This looks most interesting!
I rolled 23, 21 and 9.
Name: Tiberius Caecilius Metellus
Dynasty Name: Metelli
As the scion of an ancient and powerful family, the newest Metellus has a family name which would, in days of yore, have taken him to the top with little effort. The Metelli, however, have lost much power in recent centuries, with their last major position of power being a consulship in 59BC, and that by one adopted into the clan. Metellus still has a name to turn heads among the educated, but it is as likely now to draw pitying looks as respect.
Every son, though, is taught of his ancestors and the power they wielded, his birthright. Metellus is determined to bring the glory back to his name that it deserves, and more than most wishes for a restoration of the Empire to its former power and influence, which he feels all hinges on ownership of Rome.
I know you said that they should come from small dynasties, but I was unable to resist the Metelli. I hope that having had little effect on matters for a long time makes up for this. I'll change it if you want, though.
EDIT:
Argh, typing error.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:51:20 pm by Sacasco »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »

no, no its fine. You are in,

Character Traits are:

Gambler

Wroth (Prone to excesses of anger, this man is a good fighter, but it also makes him a terrible diplomat. If in command his and the enemies losses are increased.)

Natural Fighter (1)  (A natural gift for the Sword makes this man a natural when it comes to stabbing someone in the face.)

you and Benevento will be moved into the game with the next update.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:20 am »

Sorry for the long delay, im currently mid-moving to norway...which makes things a bit complicated, i try to push out an update either later today, but if that should not happen expect one towards tuesday.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »

I haven't quite got the hang of the currency yet. Could you give me a rough idea of how much money I have available and sort of what value it would be, please?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:43 pm »

You get a single hyperpyrron currently. Thats actually quite a large amount considering that with 200 Hyperpyrron you can arm and feed and pay a Tagmata of 5.000 men for a single year.

More specifically the pay of a single soldier in the army is 1/50th of a Hyperpyrron, per year. Or the other way around a single hyperpyrron pays 50 soldiers for a year. Or their food and equipment.

Since you are nobility however and at the very bottom rung on top of that, a single hyperpyrron is nothing. You will squander them rather quickly. You can't divvy them further up. Everything that requires less than a hyperpyrron is of no interest of the game and will be handwaved.

It is by the way a rather thick gold coin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]