Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Imperial Court OOC and Sign-Ups  (Read 2182 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Imperial Court OOC and Sign-Ups
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:00:55 pm »

...Ah, yes. The Golden Age of the Imperium Romanum is long over. For centuries our borders have contracted to defend against Skitoi and Serikoi, against Heathens, Idolators and Heretics. We have abandoned what was considered our heartlands again and again, contracting ever tighter under the unending flood of enemies and prayed to Iesu Kristo that we would be saved.

But endlessly we continued in our old ways, the life in the Greatest of Cities spinning around itself, with the Court Intrigues, the Wagon Races always like the Needle in the center of the Universe.

And for generation after generation we became ever more corrupt and decadent as the Empire we inherited slowly crumbled away. But we were secure and why not after all the Autokratoi protect!

It was in those days that the old dynasty was replaced in one bloody night. The Tágma tōn Suébōn, known for their absolute loyalty to the Dynasty were paid off with promises which no one would ever know and joined in the blind slaughter of the entire Imperial Dynasty and most of the Palace Officials. Fires could be seen rising from the Imperial Palace and the screams wouldn't stop up until the early morning hours.

By midday it was over. A new Autokratos was crowned in the Hagia Sofia in hasty and improvised Ceremony: Basileus Andronikos Menoiologos.
Two weeks later we are back to normal...that is, almost. Much of the Imperial Leading Bureaucracy had been killed and dozens of nobles were executed afterwards.
In the resulting change of government dozens of jumped up courtiers found their chance at greatness. Including you

Soooo...what is this? Maybe some of you remember Imperial Splendour. If you don't, don't worry. This will be a Rp-Heavy game in which you take the roles of Courtiers (and their Dynasties) at the Court of the Greatest Empire of the world: The Imperium Romanum.

Although by this point it has been much reduced. And by much, i mean immensely. As you may or may not have already noticed this will be mostly ahistorical.

The game will mostly center around the Intrigues at Court and in the Capital of Konstantinople itself. As a courtier you preferably want to stay as much at court as possible, to have an ear close to the Intrigues and being able to Influence the Emperor.

However prestige can most easily be gotten away from Court. Be it as Diplomat, Explorer or as Leader of the Armies and Navies of the Imperium Romanum.

But you should not forget other things of importance: Dynasty. If you want power you need to be in it for the long run and so you must secure advantageous marriages and close alliances with others.

Over all else there is also concerns for money and pure simple political power in the form of the chariot races and the myriad of political offices and functions to be had.

Spoiler:  Sign-up Sheet (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Court OOC and Sign-Ups
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:28 pm »

Questions:
1. What land does the empire possess?
2. Is the main religion still Orthodoxy?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »

Here's my entry.

Spoiler:  Verenious Fretum (click to show/hide)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »

Name: Zachary The Syrian
Dynasty Name: Grafeas
Traits: 20, 7, 20
Backstory of your Dynasty: The Grafeas family is relatively new, as far as others are concerned. Formerly sheepherders, Zachary's grandfather broke with tradition and became a scribe in Damascus. Through connections and some discreet gambling, the patriarch landed himself a lofty position in the governor's administration as well as opportunities for the rest of his family. Ever since, the Grafeas have been players in Damascus politics, although minor branches of the family have expanded into trade as far west as Marrakesh. Zachary on the other hand followed his grandfather's legacy and secured himself in yet another ruler's court...if a bit more prestigious and decadent than that of the former sheepherder. Of course, this Grafeas is not merely looking for an easy job, but a chance of...spreading the truth, as Zachary calls it. Through his knowledge of the law, history and theology, Zachary hopes to bring others to his way of thinking.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:34:49 am »

Indeed the Religion is still Orthodoxy. Lands have been massively reduced, basically greece and Thrace are still in the Hands of the Empire (plus some handholds on Anatolia) but thats it.

@Spiderking:

The Rolls determine your traits aswell as additional family members. Since i don't want anybody to cheat, i will not post the list here.

Anyway, Spiderking and Micelus you are both in:

Zachary the Syrian: Zealot (Religion of your Choice, Your Character spends his free time praying or doing other Church and Faith Activities, will be prone to wander off to Crusades/Holy Wars, and depending on Religion will spend money on alms. Also will have worse Diplomatic Impact with people of other Faiths), Tall (your character is rather huge, two meters and above, he has 5 Hitpoints instead of three)

Verenious Fretum: Gambler (Spends his free time Gambling, that may be on Horse Races, Illegal Duels or simply games of Chance, has a chance of winning or losing money and racking up debts. Also prone to gamble in military strategies and basically everything that may fall to chance), Greedy (Better Administrator, at the downside that hes diverting some money for himself at any given point, easier bribed). Brave (A better fighter and general by virtue of not ever running away...at the cost of fighting till the end.)

??? Fretum: (roll once more for this character so he also get a trait. Is a member of your Dynasty which you will also play)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:41:21 am »

Far too many games to take part, but watching with interest.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:32 am »

Wait, wouldn't people just automatically never make two of their numbers the same number? That seems fairly cheaty.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

after character creation i will mix the numbers through.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 03:56:35 pm »

One more player and we are ready.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 03:59:01 pm »

For my other character I rolled a 2.  :o
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 04:09:22 pm »

any name for him/her?

Anway: he/she gets the Strong trait

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 04:24:16 pm »

Borinus, for him please.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »

Name: Ioannes
Dynasty Name: Ophidopheros
Traits: 9, 18, 11

Backstory of your Dynasty: The Ophidopheros trace their lineage to the founding days of Constantinople, when the Emperor transformed a backwater fishing town into the seat of the Empire.  The first Ophidopheros, Konstantin, an eel catcher, won the family estates from a Doux in a three day game of cards.  Fortunately the game had become so intriguing that even the Emperor had come to watch, so the Doux could not simply kill the irritating fisherman and was instead forced to surrender a part of his lands.  For such an impressive game of cards, the Emperor even ennobled Konstantin for his skill.

Konstantin drowned in the three inches left in a wine barrel six months later, but the dynasty had been secured.  The Ophidopheros (with their eel standard that some more pompous family members have claimed to be a snake) have remained thoroughly uninvolved, passive middle nobility throughout the history of the Empire.  Only now, with the Saracens (or whomever else) at the gate, are their comfortable lands threatened.  Perhaps it is finally time for the head of the House, Ioannes, to do something other than sit around taking bribes?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 06:00:02 pm »

Iituem you are also in:

Ioannes Ophidopheros: Charitable (You are well liked by the Poi Hollo and have a touch for diplomacy, but you just can't help spending money on the poor and the sick on a constant basis to a degree where it hurts your other projects), Coward (You retreat easily from battle and are prone to drop your sword and run even from duels if it otherwise means bodily harm for you.), Gluttonous (You have a prodigious appetite and much of your income is spent on food and drink, not to mention the myriad of health issues attached to said gluttony)

very well with that we have three players i will set up the IC-Thread and then we can basically begin.

Grmbl RL just intervened (at 0:30am no less) this will have to wait sometime either tomorrow evening or till the 25th...sorry.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:29:26 pm by Ghazkull »
Pages: [1] 2 3