Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exotic Tavern guests  (Read 2945 times)

CraftyButcher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Exotic Tavern guests
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 07:52:57 pm »

The visitors won't stop doing it. The answer is always magma.

In fairness, I thought a big thing with all pubs ever is that people keep stealing the glasses. :p

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 09:29:14 pm »

And magma's always the answer to that. Even in real life.  :P

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 09:37:50 pm »

The visitors won't stop doing it. The answer is always magma.

In fairness, I thought a big thing with all pubs ever is that people keep stealing the glasses. :p
Same with books from libraries.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 11:55:26 pm »

A Plump Helmet Man Bard hung out in my tavern for two years without ever applying for permanent residency. Sad.

An Elf Slave. What?

I've had plenty of consorts, but my Civilization's King is currently dancing in the tavern like it's no big deal. That's my sort of king.

Gorlak Scholars! Seems suited to them. They seem clever.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 09:08:26 am »

A Plump Helmet Man Bard hung out in my tavern for two years without ever applying for permanent residency. Sad.

A bard?
I guess, he won't get much coin for his work, as Plump Helmet Men can't speak...
(That's mostly the reason why he didn't become permanent resident, as he would have to ask for permission. Maybe if he would be a pantomime?)

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:26 am »

I haven't had anything too extreme in terms of visitors.
I get a Gorlak or a slave every so often, but I've never any animal men actually show up at my fort.  :(

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:49 am »

I have a great horn owl dancer who didn't even make it into the fort. she's flying around outside right now.
It's an aerial acrobatics show.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 10:23:26 am »

Ahh yes slaves....along with my troupe of trojan werepanda elves....literally about half the scholars that visited my library were labeled as slaves....perhaps the goblins being too stupid sent a human to learn for them?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

I've had a dingo woman dancer before.  Unfortunately most of my visitors are ordinary humans and a few elves.

It'd be interesting to see if aquatic humanoids could visit your fort.  I could imagine a bug where an orca man arrives at your fort and instantly starts suffocating because he's out of the water.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:34 am »

Ahh yes slaves....along with my troupe of trojan werepanda elves....literally about half the scholars that visited my library were labeled as slaves....perhaps the goblins being too stupid sent a human to learn for them?

Human civs also take slaves. Think of China or the Caliphate.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »

I've had a metric ton of human bards and some dwarven bards, but the only animal men are the Wolverine Men who wandered in and tried to steal things.  They are all now in the corpse pile out in the woods.  I notice sentient corpses no longer go into the refuse pile, though... interesting new change.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 [2]