Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exotic Tavern guests  (Read 2944 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Exotic Tavern guests
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »

A Gorlak Crossbowman just arrived in my tavern. Gorlaks are small humanoids from the deep underground. Didn't know they could arrive as guests, cool. I hope he applies for permanent residency.

Which races have you encountered in your taverns?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exotic Tavern guests
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:25:37 pm »

I had a weasel man warrior back when the release first dropped, it was cute. He was missing his right hand though..
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:55:58 pm »

I have a great horn owl dancer who didn't even make it into the fort. she's flying around outside right now.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:32:49 am »

I made 3 breeding pairs of ocelot people and parked them in a fort near where I wanted to settle. Hopefully they migrate in at some point.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:27:07 am »

I had a troupe of werepanda elves....that was cool and all until a month passed and they transformed....it was a !FUN! Surprise to say the least

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 03:11:14 am »

I had a troupe of werepanda elves....that was cool and all until a month passed and they transformed....it was a !FUN! Surprise to say the least

Ouch! That's one of the best thing happening in the new version that I've heard of yet. DF now has it's own native version of the trojan horse!

And I've got a Barn Owl Man Poet, who never does poetry and I had a skunk woman bard visit. She never asked to stay though, I think we were all the better for it. Actually I think she was asked to leave by the Bronze Colossus along with 60 some other visitors, before I figured out the cap in the d_init file.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:13:23 am by Bakaridjan »

mgotthard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:41:53 am »

I had the Kings consort come to visit my library and debate. Nothing more exotic than that.

...but my first fort had a *very* popular tavern.  Annoyingly so, to the point I slaughtered all of the guest human bards and poets.  They're soft as marshmallow, and it's a great way to pick up free instruments which are generally a PITA to make. I've yet to see any consequences.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »

I had a dingo man recruit visit. He tried to kill some gray langurs on his way out, but my civilians got there first and murdered them with gold goblets.

I've had a very multicultural troupe of dancers here that haven't all left since they arrived four years ago. I'm debating murdering them for their books and because THEY KEEP STEALING MY GOBLETS

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 04:37:00 pm »

Keep making more and engraving the name of your tavern on them so that everyone who sees one can say "I'm going to that place!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 04:40:20 pm »

Hmmm... I think what I'll do is just that, but I can't choose to engrave my tavern's name on them so I'll just stud them with MORE GOLD. AND NATIVE GOLD CABOCHONS. AND LOTS OF GEMS. AND SILK AND BONE AND GLASS AND CAVERN WOOD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 05:41:21 pm »

Now there's the spirit. And when people ask about that goblet, the people who stole it will be like, "Uh, yeah, this is from some dwarf tavern I robbed. No big deal." And then nobody will know where it came from!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 06:46:30 pm »

Actually, even my dwarves are stealing my goblets. I've got one dwarf carrying two gold goblets in one hand and ten pots of drink in the other. I call her the Booze Hog.

Clearly the solution is to make so many goblets my dwarves can't carry them all.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »

The visitors won't stop doing it. The answer is always magma.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »

On the bright side, though, they bring the goblets back when they revisit the fort.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 07:17:09 pm »

I keep having scholars stealing books. It's a pain.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: [1] 2