Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to update from 42.01 to 42.03?  (Read 710 times)

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to update from 42.01 to 42.03?
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:07:49 pm »

Hi guys, I have tried searching around but apparently am pretty bad at it.  How do I update my current world and fort from 42.01 to 42.03 (I like my current fort)?  I am using Ironhand graphics if it matters but no other mods (just the tile set).  Thank you for any and all help.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:09:52 pm by Killgoth »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: How to update from 42.01 to 42.03?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:11:06 pm »

Go to the old DF folder. Open "data". Open "save". Select all and copy. Go to the new DF folder. Go to "data". Create the folder "save" if necessary. Paste inside "save".
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »

Will that keep the Ironhand graphics?  If not, is there a way to import whatever files contain the update into the old DF folder?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »

That will keep the Ironhand graphics, but make sure to turn [GRAPHICS:YES] in the (IIRC) init or d_init.txt.

Edit: But if it doesn't, no harm done. Just don't delete the old folder yet.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »

You'll probably need to generate a new world with less horses if you want to play an adventurer without crazy lag any time though. I suppose? Or do new site caps erase excess horses?

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 03:41:10 am »

Are there any world gen issues between 42.01 and 42.03 that would likely cause problems with continuing the same fortress for an extended period of time?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 02:17:08 pm »

There weren't many HUGE problems with 42.01, but there might still be equipment bugs, cat-alcohol-death bugs, etc. When in doubt, make a new world.
Sigtext!