Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The Last Survivors  (Read 14560 times)

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Survivors
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »

The second half of my reign really picked up! Forgotten Beasts! A Roc! Dwarves DIE! Hold on to your *claystone throne*s my friends!

Looking at the human’s poor quality metal working offends me. The bounty of Armok is wasted on these beardless ones! I order the purchase of as many metal items as possible to be melted down and forged anew. We dwarves of Gatewealthy shall melt down every scrap of metal, until the world is flooded with masterworks.
Spoiler: A beast! (click to show/hide)
We can not fight this thing in melee combat, but luckily we have the Skies of Death to…wait, where was the entrance to the caverns again? This is actually quite embarrassing, I do hope they are sealed off and I’m not just overlooking the door. After a while of anticipation, I head off to do something else.
The humans left us with a wealth of iron anvils.  While its no steel, waiting for the furnace operators to lug marble from many floors above simply takes to long and I am impatient. 4 more magma forges are ordered built.
BY ARMOK’S FIERY BOSOM, A ROC! ALL SOLDIERS TO THE COURTYARD, MARKSDWARVES AT THE READY!
Spoiler: TIS A ROC! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

Well that sure was anticlimactic. I’m actually a little disappointed, I was hoping to test our dwarvern might, but, well. Still, if we ever encounter a Male Roc there is a good chance we will be able to begin breeding these magnificent beasts! Alas, I doubt I shall be the ruler to lead our fort to those days of glory, but let it be marked I began this project! Jwoodward will be our Roc Master and he shall train the beast in the northern wing of the Fullmetal Fortress symbol. That room will see great things one day.
As the end of my reign approaches, so does another silly looking creature in the caverns. Some sort of hairy bug with a trunk. Honestly, I’m a little jaded at this point.
Spoiler: Oh no? (click to show/hide)
I think our miner Athel has spent the better part of the month, trying to drag the Roc’s cage indoors. Nothing important about it, but the way he grumbled when it was raining amused me.
We enter the final month of my second reign and I look over my contributions…
Spoiler: Oh..uh...oops. (click to show/hide)
At least the extensive catacombs will start seeing some use.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2015, 08:38:06 pm »

Looking swanky is a Fort's primary concern. Something about Dwarven welfare comes later

this should be put in the quote bank.

We don't have a quote bank.

Also, jwoodward, you're on.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT OMA LOUDWHISPERS IS DEAD?!?
*plays "Dwarven taps" aka "The sound of a cat screaming as you beat it to death slowly"*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:22:12 pm by LordBrassroast »

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2015, 09:01:30 am »

IT HASN'T BEEN A MONTH YET THIS WILL SURIVIVE!

Save passes to FoxHelios if Amperzand doesn't show up soon.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:06 am »

Gosh darn it PM the active player. I'll see what I can do.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

I have the save, and the game is launching, I'll look around and figure things out, expect an update soon-ish-maybe-I-have-things-going-on-but-am-working-on-it-so-yeah.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:12 pm »

Okay, to begin with, I do not support drawbridges that look the same up as down.

NO

Or not. Potatoputer committed sudoku, rip forty minutes of progress.

...Y'all should probably skip me, fortmode is much harder on my poor, deteriorating computer than it once was, and these crashes when I try to do anything processing-intensive are becoming quite prevalent. There is no save to upload, or I'd offer my week and a half of progress to the next player.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:42:36 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:33 pm »

The drawbridges don't look the same up and down...
Spoiler: Down (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Up (click to show/hide)

The Roc is in a cage behind two doors as well, so those can be forbidden to impede it's movement
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2015, 05:42:10 pm »

...I probably should have messed with the bridges a little more. Regardless, my computer is not going to let me run this fort, so my turn is to be considered over. I can go upload my copy of the save, but the crash lost everything I did, so it won't be any different than the one I downloaded, other than an increased chance of corruption based on my exposure to Terry.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]