Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: companion experience  (Read 3339 times)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
companion experience
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:34:54 pm »

I know that in fort mode anything that fights gets experience. my question is whether this is true of adventure mode? basically my idea was to establish a revolving door between fort mode and adventure where I send my hero on supply runs to get things without having to trade, and while I'm at it I could bring my low level recruits to train them against dingo packs/bandits. (would also mean I wouldnt have to deal with managing animals since I would have tons of free items from killing dingos.)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: companion experience
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:54:30 am »

Yes it is true, make sure you seal the fort on retire, it can be hard to recruit your own dorfs sadly.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:53:06 am »

Having an army of legendery warriors off on magical adventures! Be sweet to go to hell and destroy EVERYTHING!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

paleohayduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:32:36 am »

I just retired a fort I had been working on specifically for adventure mode... Had couple dozen legendary warriors in full adamantine gear. I was planning on using them to try and take the war back to the Goblins but can't get any of them to join me, lol. They are,  "It is I that would lead you, but I have no need of your protection".

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:26:36 am »

I just retired a fort I had been working on specifically for adventure mode... Had couple dozen legendary warriors in full adamantine gear. I was planning on using them to try and take the war back to the Goblins but can't get any of them to join me, lol. They are,  "It is I that would lead you, but I have no need of your protection".

Ouch. They burned you pretty good.
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 04:14:48 pm »

make sure you play as the militia commander, i believe the dwarves will automatically count as your companions, though im not sure

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 08:57:46 pm »

Can't w/o hakks.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 03:54:24 am »

In the new version, telling them you can dance would be sufficient for them to join you.

Vote for Urist, and all your wildest dreams will come true!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Leonkr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:10:44 am »

Don't need hacks to be a Militia Commander Just Retire a Fort then set up an adventure to live in that fort then go dwarf mode and assign them as Militia Commander go back to adventure mode and your golden

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 08:31:59 am »

Don't need hacks to be a Militia Commander Just Retire a Fort then set up an adventure to live in that fort then go dwarf mode and assign them as Militia Commander go back to adventure mode and your golden
uhh some how got my adventurer classed as hostile even though they didn't kill anything. but then she is a Jumping Spider-Dancer so...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 08:44:03 am »

uhh some how got my adventurer classed as hostile even though they didn't kill anything. but then she is a Jumping Spider-Dancer so...
Did you find the expedition leader or mayor or who ever and petition for long term residency?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 09:47:07 am »

Did you find the expedition leader or mayor or who ever and petition for long term residency?
oh wait you can do that in adventure mode?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 09:58:48 am »

Yep you can.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 10:01:42 am »

As in version 34 you will have to show them how awesome you are by killing a great beast or 3 and tell them avout it even if they say "it was inevitable" you will still get a reputation as a great hero and they will then join you, you might be fine ev n killing a few bandits and telling them.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 10:04:33 am »

Yep you can.

I don't see that in the talk dialog. then again said jumping spider lady is a necromancer found the expedition leader but only got the chance to ask if I want to perform there or not.
"body swapping and YOU!"