Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where do I store gypsum plaster bags?  (Read 1949 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Where do I store gypsum plaster bags?
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:07:43 am »

I can't find them anywhere in the stockpile settings. I see the furniture stockpile has a type for sand bags, but I can't find gypsum plaster bags anywhere.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I store gypsum plaster bags?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:47:16 am »

I can't find them anywhere in the stockpile settings. I see the furniture stockpile has a type for sand bags, but I can't find gypsum plaster bags anywhere.

Wiki suggests there is no real place in stockpiles. Since hospital storing should be fixed, you should be able to store them in a chest or cabinet with little issue.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 12:19:27 pm »

Wiki suggests there is no real place in stockpiles. Since hospital storing should be fixed, you should be able to store them in a chest or cabinet with little issue.

I've noticed in my fortress the bags of gypsum plaster get placed in the Furniture stockpile alongside all the *empty* bags. I think Ysyua is correct though, if you have a hospital zone with coffers in it you should be able to increase the desired amount or plaster on the zone until all your plaster bags get moved in there.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »

Hospital storing was always fine as long as you don't place too many containers. It's even more fine now.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42:58 pm »

Hospital storing was always fine as long as you don't place too many containers. It's even more fine now.

Not always.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 06:27:54 pm »

edit: disregard, misread previous post :P

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

That's been fixed since 0.40.05...
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!