Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's wrong with fishing?!  (Read 1219 times)

Morcaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's wrong with fishing?!
« on: September 17, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »

I enabled my whole fortress to FISH and they cannot build just one fishery workshop for me. What the hack.

I have like 3 20x20 stockpiles full of fish. Lol.
Help?

Morcaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with fishing?!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »

Omg nevermind.... Face palm**

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:21:40 pm »

BWUH - HAHAhahahAHA! Sorry, just - you're obviously unfamiliar with fisherdwarves.  Any dwarf with fishing enabled will do nothing but fish.  I always make my fish cleaner distinct from my fisherdwarf.  There was this one time someone modded dwarves to be legendary at every skill.  "Apparently," he wrote (roughly), "like retired people, full-legendaries fish.  All the time."
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:16:44 pm »

BWUH - HAHAhahahAHA! Sorry, just - you're obviously unfamiliar with fisherdwarves.  Any dwarf with fishing enabled will do nothing but fish.  I always make my fish cleaner distinct from my fisherdwarf.  There was this one time someone modded dwarves to be legendary at every skill.  "Apparently," he wrote (roughly), "like retired people, full-legendaries fish.  All the time."

Never have fishing enabled on your surgeon.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 10:32:22 am »

Yes, I often have to unbuild or forbid fishing shops because too many dwarves will abuse the privilege of fishing. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 11:55:55 am »

Does setting orders to Zone Only fishing and disabling the fishing zones help?
If it still doesn't shake them off their task, try making them into active military and moving them about.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »

Zone only without a zone will block the buggers from fishing, but so does not enabling fishing on them unless you actually want them to fish.