Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36081 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »

I think that limiting the interaction to only one or two players makes it a bit too hit or miss as to whether it ever even shows up in the game. A smaller chance for corruption that applies globally would make it more consistent, though roles combating corruption would probably have to be a bit stronger to counteract the increased likelihood of it being a factor. Also, increasing the chances of/degree of corruption when a post is quoted multiple times might be interesting.

What was the rationale behind whether a post could be fully restored or not? The ads seem to be entirely fixable, but every other post that I tried to restore got deleted.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »

The idea of saved versions for a post-game read is pretty good.

Actually, the whole saving of posts before corrupting is something I sadly thought of only partway through the game. Which is why some stuff got restored and some stuff just removed entirely. I had some posts saved and some not.

I'm also thinking of doing less general corruption of posts and more deliberate changing of posts. TheDarkStar had some capability of doing that but never ended up doing it.  I'll post up some ideas for the new game in the game design thread, see what people think there.

The main point of this game, for me, was to test out the general concept of post editing. How much work it was, how hard it was for players to track and notice, that sort of thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]