Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: RTD: Roll to Duck- Round 2 (6/6) (Waitlist Open)  (Read 5326 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Roll to Duck- Round 1 (6/6) (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 11:39:04 pm »

((What kind of buoy is it? One of the small round ones, or one of these?))
Spoiler: Buoy Chart (click to show/hide)
Nah, I'm good.
"Well, I'm going to read it to you anyway, because I don't have anything better to do."

Cancel my earlier action of getting other ducks to worship me, and instead read the writing on the buoy out loud.
...Thanks? I can read pretty well. I'm not fluent or anything, but I'm okay.
"Well I haven't read it, and some of it might make more sense when read out loud."

Also, I see what you did there with the name.
Fair enough.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2015, 08:42:47 am »

It's the eye of the duck rising up to the challenge of our hunters!!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 05:49:30 pm »

Begin my mighty search for my owner, heading in the general direction of where he was headed!

You fly south, towards where you think he went. It's going to take you another turn to catch up with him, though.

Beneath you, on the road, some people are getting out of a truck. One of them looks quite distraught, while the other appears indifferent. It looks like they're looking for something.

Fly above the cars of the suspicious men and "decorate" them, like any ordinary pigeon would.

[7]

You add a bit of flair to their otherwise boring van. One of the loiterers, a bald, heavily built man wearing dark shades, curses at you, reaching for his coat. The shortest of the three, clearly the leader of the group, elbows him disapprovingly.

They don't seem to appreciate your effort.

Get out of the way!  Then, play possum.

[6] You briefly suppress your natural instincts, throwing yourself to the side. Your little body bounces off the pavement, rolling into a nearby ditch.

[8+1] You hear a screech from the road, and the roaring ceases. Something opens, and slams shut. Then, you hear the distinct crunch of human footsteps.

-snip-
Try to remember any relevant details from my past, if any. Look around at myself, the duck, the buoy, and any other important nearby objects.

There's not much to remember. You've spent most of your life living on this island. Every winter, you migrate south and live on the open ocean.

The buoy is red, about four ducks in diameter. Three metal posts, arranged in a conical fashion on top of the buoy, support a small platform covered in various instruments. The two of you fit comfortably beneath said platform. The buoy appears to be muttering to itself. Something about fairies.

You're currently sitting on said buoy, which is floating in the ocean. To the north, the rugged sea coast runs parallel to you. You're not that far from it. Roughly perpendicular to the rocky coast, a wide river cuts through the land, before spilling into the sea. The bridge runs over this river, connected on either side to two-lane roads.

The buildings near the shore are a mix of cabins and hotels, none of them too tall. There's a handful of people left on a beach west of the rivermouth, but most of the tourists have retired for the night.

find the blue fairy to turn me into a real duck and meet many friends along the way and realize life isn't about the destination but the journey.

But you're already a real duck! Right?

...you suppose that the [7-4] larger duck sitting on top of your head is a sort of bluish color. Maybe that's who you need to talk to?

Besides the fact that it's a floating rock, it's bright red, and it's covered in human writing?
"Oh. If you want, I can read these to you."

Read the writing aloud for him.

It's written in a haphazard combination of broken English and hieroglyphs. And you're a duck.

"The buoy appears to depict a story, probably a human myth explaining the origin of genitals. And apparently, this guy Kilroy is involved."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Roll to Duck- Round 2 (6/6) (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »

Mind scooting over? I need to build a nest, and this rock's the best location I know of.
Gather sticks and other building materials, and use them to construct a nest on the buoy.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:21:09 pm by AkumaKasai »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 08:42:30 pm »

"Hey, I'm gonna try something."

Tell the other nearby ducks to channel their worshiping energies into me, then turn the buoy into a real duck.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

Okay, I'm channeling my energy, I guess. Mind moving so I can build my nest?

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 08:54:39 pm »

Continue flying! Dive down close to the two just to mess with them, then continue as planned.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2015, 09:03:19 pm »

"It would help if you gave your undivided focus to it."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2015, 09:09:28 pm »

Fly around in search of a park.  Look for an elderly person sitting down and throwing seeds on the ground.  Land nearby and enjoy the feast.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2015, 09:18:59 pm »

"It would help if you gave your undivided focus to it."
Seriously? Okay, whatever, as long as he moves.
Okay. You have my undivided attention.
Channel all of my energy into ATHATH/the duck.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:45 pm »

((Accidental double post))

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »

fly north, because as all good ducks know north is where the bread is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]