Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Are there GOOD Mobile games?  (Read 5624 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are there GOOD Mobile games?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »

touchscreens were a bad idea. Hopefully somebody will eventually come up with a better solution for the size issue.

Voice and gesture detection. We're just not there yet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 06:51:18 pm »

Because because everyone on bay12 games has the hots for mobile games. They make out with them all night long and can't take anyone besmirching their name.

oi m8 that's offensive I'm triggered don't stereotype me and lump me in with everyone else I hate mobile games they're an insult to the gaming industry rah rah rah.

I don't play mobile games, don't browse internet on my cell phone, and don't have a tablet. Not my thing. When I go out I go out to do shit, not fiddle with handhelds.

touchscreens were a bad idea. Hopefully somebody will eventually come up with a better solution for the size issue.

Voice and gesture detection. We're just not there yet.
Technology is getting there. Like the Kinect for Xbone with voice recognition and the cameras and stuff for reading motion and gestures. Or Siri or other cellphone digital assistant AIs which can receive voice commands and understand context.  I think it (esp the Kinect tech) just hasn't been sized down and combined and implimented into a mobile device like the cell phone.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 07:08:08 pm »

Because because everyone on bay12 games has the hots for mobile games. They make out with them all night long and can't take anyone besmirching their name.
oi m8 that's offensive I'm triggered don't stereotype me and lump me in with everyone else I hate mobile games they're an insult to the gaming industry rah rah rah.

I don't play mobile games, don't browse internet on my cell phone, and don't have a tablet. Not my thing. When I go out I go out to do shit, not fiddle with handhelds.
I'm fairly certain that had to be sarcasm. DF is the antithesis to the typical mobile game. It stands to reason this is the best place to find out about the atypical ones.

No. There are no good mobile games.

There's no good mobile anything. Why anybody thought it would be a good idea to overthink things and reinvent the wheel with mobile devices instead of just making a direct miniturization of a PC - running the same software on the same operating systems just with a little less ram, processor speed and drive space - is beyond me . (Thank god Microsoft at least seems to be taking some steps to correct this trend)
The issue isn't power*, it's the market. They've got at least PS2/Gamecube performance, but they lack the quality games designed for the interface.

*Well not processing power anyway. Battery power may be an issue if you're using it on the go.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:24:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:40 pm »

No. There are no good mobile games.

There's no good mobile anything. Why anybody thought it would be a good idea to overthink things and reinvent the wheel with mobile devices instead of just making a direct miniturization of a PC - running the same software on the same operating systems just with a little less ram, processor speed and drive space - is beyond me . (Thank god Microsoft at least seems to be taking some steps to correct this trend)
The issue isn't power*, it's the market. They've got at least PS2/Gamecube performance, but they lack the quality games designed for the interface.

*Well not processing power anyway. Battery power may be an issue if you're using it on the go.

The issue is neither. The issue is that they have their own operating systems and thus require their own specialized programs so I can't just go on Steam and download the same games I play on my computer onto my phone. That's the one thing I like about Microsoft's more recent operating systems; IIRC they're one OS that runs on both computers and mobile devices, so all you need to do is download and install Classic Shell to your phone and you're golden.

EDIT:
They also lack a full sized usb jack, thus preventing me from hooking up my mouse and keyboard. That's a problem too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:15:22 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 09:29:31 pm »

I'm fairly certain that had to be sarcasm. DF is the antithesis to the typical mobile game. It stands to reason this is the best place to find out about the atypical ones.

Yeah it was sarcasm. I'd be worried if this was a Mobile game site or just a general games site where saying anything with even the modicum of negativity would get you killed... but I am not there.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 10:53:04 pm »

If you're into Rhythm games, Cytus is quite a great mobile game, sporting around a hundred songs as of this time of post due to the Million Downloads Plan succeeding, only for $0.99 cents on App Store or free on Androids (with a slight setback, of course, unless you pay for "full version").

There's also Implosion, made from the same guys. Its controls run like butter on an iOS device, considering its top down hack-and-slash genre.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 2 [3]