Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Folstag University of Magic (OOC)  (Read 7968 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (OOC)
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »

Just wondering, how would someone from the waitlist be added into the game?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

(Correct me if you meant to pick a different class, Irony. You didn't respond back on page 18)
Oh oops, I totally forgot about that. This is good, though.

Also sorry for vanishing for a week or two.

Feasting upon their heart to steal their courage, I assume.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »

Unfortunately, if you've been keeping up with the IC thread, It's been taking a while for me to update the game due to my schedule being rather volatile this quarter.

Buuuut, I can stick you with Wunderkatze since you share a major, so it wouldn't add too much complexity to the game. You can post now, actually, if you want. Just see the latest post and start with the bottom-most entry.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2016, 10:24:27 pm »

Unfortunately, if you've been keeping up with the IC thread, It's been taking a while for me to update the game due to my schedule being rather volatile this quarter.

Buuuut, I can stick you with Wunderkatze since you share a major, so it wouldn't add too much complexity to the game. You can post now, actually, if you want. Just see the latest post and start with the bottom-most entry.
Sure! That's fine with me.
Edit: Just posted, in fact.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:28:01 pm by wipeout1024 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2016, 03:55:35 am »

I'm having a bit of a hard time with the format and I feel like a lot of players aren't too invested anymore. That said, there are a lot of things I haven't really explored yet and I personally think the setting has a lot of potential. It's just that the whole "magic college" format has been difficult for me to write and I'm sure you could tell that I'm somewhat losing interest in updating this myself. I'm not blaming anyone here.

What would you guys say if I ended this current game and started a different game in the same setting? And perhaps in the future answer some questions that haven't been answered. (*looks at Raioyris' talking crows, and the general wierdness with the Time professor*)

Sorry if I'm disappointing anyone. I wanted this to be awesome but I messed up the pacing completely.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2016, 04:09:06 am »

Could  we play as the same characters? I'd like to continue the story of Akasha.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2016, 04:21:10 am »

Perhaps, but I don't really have anything yet to go off of.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02:55 am »

Yeah, makes sense. I like the setting though, and I'd be interested in joining again.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2016, 05:56:55 am »

Magic system you have made is interesting. It's different from commonly seen systems and is nicely woven into fabric of existance itself. So I'm interested following another game in same setting.

The reason I'm not posting much now is because I'm little loss what to do with whole "learning magic" part, other than post Learn stuff (and because almost all of my posts for this game are made during time when I'm supposed to be working). Sure, me (and my character) are learning how to do magic, but studying is less interesting than experimenting, and I'm not sure how to experiment with earth magic. Part of the fault may lie because I wasn't paying attention to the alphabet part which seems to be more important here.

My goal for Dan is to create the ultimate living being, culmination of magical art and skill, so spending real time months to learn basics IC gets little... bland. I want to experiment, try things to see what works and what doesn't, refine the art to perfection. Starting as complete novice is less interesting than having art mastered already. Of course the way you are teaching the system is way better than just posting a massive info dump about how it works, but maybe a little faster for these secondary classes?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:43 am »

Magic system you have made is interesting. It's different from commonly seen systems and is nicely woven into fabric of existance itself. So I'm interested following another game in same setting.

The reason I'm not posting much now is because I'm little loss what to do with whole "learning magic" part, other than post Learn stuff (and because almost all of my posts for this game are made during time when I'm supposed to be working). Sure, me (and my character) are learning how to do magic, but studying is less interesting than experimenting, and I'm not sure how to experiment with earth magic. Part of the fault may lie because I wasn't paying attention to the alphabet part which seems to be more important here.

My goal for Dan is to create the ultimate living being, culmination of magical art and skill, so spending real time months to learn basics IC gets little... bland. I want to experiment, try things to see what works and what doesn't, refine the art to perfection. Starting as complete novice is less interesting than having art mastered already. Of course the way you are teaching the system is way better than just posting a massive info dump about how it works, but maybe a little faster for these secondary classes?
Aye, I don't think I really picked up, ICly, anything at all related to actual spellwork yet.

Maybe do a timeskip to third year?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »

Now that you've said the system is better than an infodump, I'm more inclined to continue the current game.

Aye, I don't think I really picked up, ICly, anything at all related to actual spellwork yet.

Maybe do a timeskip to third year?

A timeskip of three years seems too much. I think I'll have to think of another way to speed things up. Either way, I'd need some time to sort things out.
I realize I haven't actually taught the Time classes anything yet. I'll have to resolve that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2016, 03:46:59 am »

Yeah, the game is neat but slow. If you wanted similar but different, you could try setting us up with (or letting us choose) practical projects, and therefore learn the system through seeking out specific information rather than general subjects.

That might still suffer from a certain "I do it, now what" and/or "Action: learn thing" vibe, and the structure for advanced concepts might be weird since you'd be learning them from the top, but it might at least improve pacing without sacrificing too much in the way of learning or experimentation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2016, 04:49:31 am »

You might have noticed my attempt at setting people up with projects over the past few turns. That sounds good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]