Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What should I do next?  (Read 2581 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do next?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 12:52:41 am »

Some sort of giant baseball arena, substituting minecarts for the baseball and lever+bridge for the bat.

If you're pro, use another minecart as the bat.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 06:31:05 pm »

I'd recommend magmaforging. And a minecart railway system. Or even a surface magmaforging area, either serviced by pumped or by minecarter magma. Because wood is so... elvish.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Zachski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »

Tame and domesticate every possible animal.  Make as many of them war animals as possible.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 07:24:50 pm »

Make a magma plumbing system that provides every dwarf with their own pool.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 09:48:15 pm »

A sacrifical magma pit, with its main purpose being to purchase ALL wooden items from the elves, and burning it... or perhaps letting the entire elven caravan drop down into it in an instant. Elves burn well..

so you have 4x4 bedrooms for all dwarves. Now make sure each of them only has masterwork furniture; doors included.

Or take it a step further and give each of them their very own mountainhome-house, with a sink and toilet in each (read well and floor grate(requires extensive plumbing and a sewage system too(sewage system should be invested by wild large rats))), heated floors (you know what it means..) A legendary dining room (just fill it with platinum statues), royal bedroom.

also, suiting all dwarves in armor is generally a bad idea since most of them wont be able to handle the weight without proper military training.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 11:16:12 pm »

also, suiting all dwarves in armor is generally a bad idea since most of them wont be able to handle the weight without proper military training.

They'll learn. Easy way or hard way, they'll learn eventually.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 11:28:07 pm »

They'll learn. Easy way or hard way, they'll learn eventually.

Give them all masterwork steel AND part time military training. Or full time, if your food stores are huge enough.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 01:19:16 am »

Surprised I haven't seen the answer which changed the way I look at every fort I played since: retire it and play an adventurer in that world and visit it, or mode set steal your favorite dorf from it, check out how things work from your dorfs pov, check out the neighbors, see if tales of your fort have spread to the far corners of your world, meet your dorfs in person, see what they're up to, etc.

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but I always think that dwarves should live in the top of a giant wooden penis at the highest z-level in the game.  It needs giant wooden balls too, you know.  With pumps, and magma, you can see where this is going....

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 02:29:45 am »

Child-traing complexes! Watching fights (areana) will boost observer and maybe discipline.  Use burrows to ensure -only- children harvest to raise farming.  Kiddie pools to train swimming. 

Full fort military

Make a "zoo" out of FB/titans

Start exotic animal breeding programs- do you know how  awesome war-jabbrers/cave dragons are? 

Above-ground castle and town

Give every dorf a legendary skill

Raise wealth to ludicrous levels (million+)

Become the mountainhome

Arrange a series of unfortunate events (lever over lava) for each king until your favorite dorf is king/queen
Pages: 1 [2]