Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Sort of MUD Would B12G Play?  (Read 1972 times)

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Sort of MUD Would B12G Play?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 12:42:14 pm »

I actually really enjoy pvp when the pvp is "balanced" and interesting and the player can be creative with it.

Two of my favorite muds ever revolved around pvp.  One had a pretty deep fighting system with fights between two players lasting a couple minutes and often not being decided until the very end (think two equal fighters).  There were only a handful of classes but the combat was rich and really fun.

The other pvp mud I played had a similar style of pvp, but was a bit more fast paced.  It had a huge variety of classes and builds but wasn't nearly as balanced so often fights were decided by who got the jump first.

Both had major flaws, but they were really a blast.

I'd want something with an engaging combat system and rewarding quests, etc.  A good progression of items, diverse class builds, good interaction with other players.  I'm not a fan of roleplaying and if the game is entirely driven by RP I tend to get bored pretty fast.  I also dislike being forced to group to do anything of value.  I'd love a game that has a lot of solo accessible content in addition to any party content.
Pages: 1 [2]