Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Don't jump off the ~ing castle, you beard-brains!  (Read 8625 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Don't jump off the ~ing castle, you beard-brains!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 08:07:07 am »

Theoretically, you could put all the marksdorves in minecarts.

This has been theorized, but has anyone accomplished it?

I keep reading peoples suggestion of "build fortifications," and I can't help but wonder who isn't building fortifications? I've reread the thread twice to try and find out who these suggestions are addressed to and can't find anyone who mentioned not using fortifications...

There's a difference between building fortifications and carving fortifications.  I have carved fortifications.  This has brought sadness. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 08:48:56 am »

I've been playing this game for five years and this is the first I hear of carving fortifications into constructed rock. It is just seems illogical, you can never alter constructed stuff except by disassembling it first, which is exactly how I would normally do it. 

You live and learn.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 12:35:16 am »

I dont seem to have this problem when i only have 1 tile of walking space (down stair) and 1 tile of fortification.  If i order the marksdwarves to kill something they'd rather climb down and go through an open door (if there is one) than climb anywhere, but i have never seen them try to go over the top, maybe if they are standing on a down stair (assuming yours were on a floor) they don't do this?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 01:03:51 pm »

The exciting new version of this total dwarfshit is that dwarves are now falling through a solid wall and ceiling into the mote that's supposed to keep them from jumping to their deaths.  This isn't even the part with fortifications, they are literally just falling through solid matter into a drowny death.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »

I tried a dwarf in a minecart in the arena, and it OUTRAN the bolts fired at it.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

The exciting new version of this total dwarfshit is that dwarves are now falling through a solid wall and ceiling into the mote that's supposed to keep them from jumping to their deaths.  This isn't even the part with fortifications, they are literally just falling through solid matter into a drowny death.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I've had a child fall off a tower and punch through 12 layers of dwarven masonry. Good times.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01:15 pm »

I just found two of my best champions drowned in my moat. They were melee dwarfs. There were dingoes outside but there was a solid wall between them and my barracks. I don't know how they got there as they shouldn't even be able to see the darn things.

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2015, 10:07:50 pm »

Can someone explain to me the difference between carved and built fortifications? I use both but assumed they were the same, except for the floor on top.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 01:32:27 am »

Can someone explain to me the difference between carved and built fortifications? I use both but assumed they were the same, except for the floor on top.
They can't be climbed over if they don't have a floor on top. Either can be jumped through.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 04:58:12 am »

How the fuck do you jump through a ceiling? You can't even jump up in DF.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 2 [3]