Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: SCP: Secure, Contain, Protect [OOC]  (Read 6724 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Secure, Contain, Protect [OOC]
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2015, 08:09:34 am »

How large will the platoons we take be, GUNIN? For reference, a U.S. Army rifle platoon is 42 men.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2015, 02:49:10 am »

How large will the platoons we take be, GUNIN? For reference, a U.S. Army rifle platoon is 42 men.
If we're mechanized we want smaller teams than that. Let's say 28 dudes. If we had 7 guys to each vehicle then each platoon needs 4 IFVs. So plus one PC and not counting the vehicle crews that's 29 men total for each platoon, 12 vehicles and 87 troops in our outfit. My imagination is failing me this evening so what say the SCP is a titan from Shingeki no Kyojin and we have to secure it? This is SCPF so we can't just kill it, we need to take it alive. That sounds like a challenge, plus its a small enough threat that it won't require a massive coverup. It's an amusing reference and it would be fun for the researchers to contain if we don't get ourselves killed.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2015, 06:47:44 am »

Sure. That does sound fun to take on with a short mechanized company-and I hope we can avoid dying on day one.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2015, 09:52:01 am »

So... is this going to have any sort of "goal" to it, for everyone, or are we all just left to our own devices for the time being?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2015, 02:17:06 pm »

So, skip ahead to the airstrip?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:14 am »

If we're mechanized we want smaller teams than that. Let's say 28 dudes. If we had 7 guys to each vehicle then each platoon needs 4 IFVs. So plus one PC and not counting the vehicle crews that's 29 men total for each platoon, 12 vehicles and 87 troops in our outfit. My imagination is failing me this evening so what say the SCP is a titan from Shingeki no Kyojin and we have to secure it? This is SCPF so we can't just kill it, we need to take it alive. That sounds like a challenge, plus its a small enough threat that it won't require a massive coverup. It's an amusing reference and it would be fun for the researchers to contain if we don't get ourselves killed.
Screw that, we just need one man. Weapons and equipment OSP. This is a top secret black op. Don't expect any official support.

(This is a joke)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]