Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can you sell caged dwarves?  (Read 2079 times)

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can you sell caged dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 12:53:54 pm »

If I remember right, you can only sell creatures with the [pet] tag, which determines whether or not they can be tamed. If you put a [pet] tag on dwarves, you would be able to sell them.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 03:36:18 pm »

Yes, if they have the right tag, they can be sold. Their price is exactly one Urist, I'm told. Unless you modify that as well.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 05:10:11 pm »

Do remember that you can release caged dwarves by constructing the cage as a building (b->j) and then going to the assignment menu for that cage.

Just in case you didn't know that was possible.

yeah I knew that, just thought that I might as well do something evil to him if I have him in a cage >_>
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 05:16:59 pm »

Do remember that you can release caged dwarves by constructing the cage as a building (b->j) and then going to the assignment menu for that cage.

Just in case you didn't know that was possible.

yeah I knew that, just thought that I might as well do something evil to him if I have him in a cage >_>

Do you have an arena and any dangerous critters/invaders?
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.
Pages: 1 [2]