Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dorfing too much...  (Read 2595 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfing too much...
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »

If you see a bunch of humans all around and no nonhuman people, it's probably Real Life.
Your DF has been modded.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:03 am »

I find when I play DF too much, I'm not only dreaming the game, but everything I wanted to get done isn't done. As in the basic chores of life: Cooking, washing clothing, vacuuming, watering the garden, paying the bills, and making the clothes I wanted to wear to the next event. It's a time eater. A fun, challenging, crazy time eater, but a time eater just the same.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 12:13:16 am »

I dont look at reality and see DF, I look at DF and see reality.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 12:24:33 am »

Too much DF? Heresy!

DF creeps into my life too much. I describe things in DF terms: It is terrifying, it was inevitable, s/he has been happy lately, etc. Dorf has become my 4 number pass code.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

IgnacM991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

I don't know if it's too much DF, but I need alcohol to get through the working day

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 09:40:06 pm »

I tried to press "z" when I'm looking for an x-iron spike hammer-x and realized that the reason why it doesn't work isn't that I don't have a manager.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 11:41:56 pm »

Or tried to tame them. Or set up a milking industry. Or tried to use them to trigger a pressure plate that activates a deathtrap. Luckily, vermin can't trigger pressure plates.

depends... Night crawlers are good for milking, but red leaf worms are too fragile.

On the plus side one block of bauxite is good for about 7000 masterwork worm milk pumps, and about 56000 of lesser quality.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:15 am »

I finally remembered what was the "DF-level messed up" event.

My father is old and ill, and my mom can't manage taking care of him anymore, and has put him in an old people's home where he could get the care he needs.  Over the holidays we flew over and I got to visit him for the first time since this move happened.  To my relief, the place seemed quite decent - clean, well lit, wide hallways, friendly staff, modern equipment.  I went to visit him every day during my stay.

On one of those visits, an elderly woman very slowly went by us in a wheelchair, smiling broadly at us from the hallway, wide eyed.  This would have only been vaguely creepy by itself, but she was holding a baby doll in her hands.  The doll was standing up, staring at us with the same wide grin and wide eyes as the old woman.  It's hard to describe, but it was quite disturbing.

I inquired later on, and learned that the elderly woman has advanced Alzheimer's and is confused, and believes she has recently had a baby - the staff gave her a doll and it seems to have made her a lot less anxious since she now has her "baby" with her.  She also believes my dad is the father of the baby  :o

hamster cheese supplies are low

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 12:35:51 am »

Or tried to tame them. Or set up a milking industry. Or tried to use them to trigger a pressure plate that activates a deathtrap. Luckily, vermin can't trigger pressure plates.

Well, milkworms are a thing I suppose in the game. Except they're cavern maggots.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »

I finally remembered what was the "DF-level messed up" event.

My father is old and ill, and my mom can't manage taking care of him anymore, and has put him in an old people's home where he could get the care he needs.  Over the holidays we flew over and I got to visit him for the first time since this move happened.  To my relief, the place seemed quite decent - clean, well lit, wide hallways, friendly staff, modern equipment.  I went to visit him every day during my stay.

On one of those visits, an elderly woman very slowly went by us in a wheelchair, smiling broadly at us from the hallway, wide eyed.  This would have only been vaguely creepy by itself, but she was holding a baby doll in her hands.  The doll was standing up, staring at us with the same wide grin and wide eyes as the old woman.  It's hard to describe, but it was quite disturbing.

I inquired later on, and learned that the elderly woman has advanced Alzheimer's and is confused, and believes she has recently had a baby - the staff gave her a doll and it seems to have made her a lot less anxious since she now has her "baby" with her.  She also believes my dad is the father of the baby  :o
Maybe she stared because she didn't think you were treating your new "sibling" well?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Weremammoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Vagabond Tales
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 05:51:31 pm »

When I first found DF and played constantly I had a dream entirely in ASCII.  It's been several years since, but I still distinctly remember petting and playing with a lower-case red 'd'. 
This is a forum post.  All work is of the highest quality.  It expresses the thoughts of a particular DF player.  This post is decorated with a frame and avatar.  It menaces with occasional grammatical errors.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 08:41:10 pm »

Yesterday my friend told me that his grandmother had died not a quarter hour ago and I,told him that it's sad but not unexpected.

He didn't took it well...
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 [2]