Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Player has become enraged!  (Read 3423 times)

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Player has become enraged!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 06:57:40 pm »

Aquifers are the work of the devil himself.  They have literally driven me to tears of frustration.

This isn't even going into the ordeal that was figuring out how to install Phoebus for 40.14.

Obviously, I'm a paragon of emotional stability.

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

The Millitary is the one thing makes me convulse in rage, ever single aspect of it. Just *train* you f**kers! You have weapons assigned, a barracks designated to train, a training regime in alerts, alert is enabled, 3-minimum required ect. It's been 5 years in Idv Combat Drill, do some demonstrations why not? Spar! Something!

And don't get me started on solider equipment! I had to actually save scum for the first time ever trying to figure out how to make my baron, the only hope in saving our fort, equip a damn pickaxe he was legendary with. I already knew he could kick the dragon's scaly arse because he nearly stun locked it with a leather artifact shield he had no skill with (the dragon's legs were bruised by evil weather so he couldn't move as fast) but Joseph just wouldn't pick up the pick. Of course eventually I got him to do it and he mined that bastards skull open in front of the entire military, gotta be good for morale.

Station orders are madness. If you want them to stand where you ordered they will run all the way out of the fort and engage an army of impossible odds he couldn't even see. If you want them to pop out of the defensive area they will stay put and watch the foes wander by. There is no victory.

Planty of armor everywhere but your favorite super-soldier decides to not wear a helmet today. An elite archer pegs him in the head by sheer luck. FUUUU-

Order them to attack a FB. Instead they run all the way out the fort to go frollick amongst nature then run all the way back down for no reason other than putting civillian lives at dire risk.

Archers always make a good show of taking any opening to misinterpret your intent and find a way to get themselves killed. This one is going to bring a crossbow but no bolts even though they are enabled in ammo and he or she has access to loads of them. This one is going to bring a quiver with ammo for once but no crossbow. This one bought bolts and a bow, a goblin short bow to be precise because I only specified "idv choice ranged" without taking into account how f**king pedantic and suicidal they are. This one actually bought everything for once because the stars have aligned but now they are running outside because I forgot to forbid the door to the station area so they rush into the goblin hordes in search of an arrow behind a tree a mile away that they want more than the perfectly safe ammo stocked in the pile just down the stairs.

'A creature that can only be killed by chopping it apart? I had better stab over and over with my sword and punch them a whole bunch!'

A legendary fully armor clad axeman with amazing dodgeing, reflexes and weapon skill fights a single cave croc. Somehow gets stun locked backwards all the way through the caves and into a pool to drown. It's like, what, why, *how*?

I could go on.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:46:36 pm by MrCompassionate »
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 05:21:27 am »

Wait up a minute!

Lemme get this straight - you are genning a world until year 1250, and it has been genning for 2 and a half hours, and you are having 2930 FPS?!!

What dimension are you in?!
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 07:08:07 am »

That's just under my cap. I set the cap to 3000, the dimensions are the highest, and my computer sucks with FPS in-fort.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 03:44:50 pm »

Imagine  daily autosave.
Well, if I was playing for 24 straight hours then I would appreciate an autosave in there somewhere.  One of the nice Easter eggs in DungeonKeeper 2 was what happened when your system clock went past midnight.  Assuming nothing exciting was going on, it would say "It is the witching hour. All curses are half price."  At 1AM, "Surely even Keepers must retire to a lair of some sort."  At 2AM, "Hello? Are you still there? The Imps are about to lock up."  At 3AM, "You know that low, broad, downy-soft item of furniture in the next room? It has the power to cure fatigue and restore vitality."  Then at 3:15AM, "Your nocturnal persistance has earned you a hidden gaming tip, GO TO BED!"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »

The player grabs the monitor with his left hand
The player throws the monitor at the window
The spinning monitor strikes the window!
The monitor has been struck down

Pages: 1 [2]