Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto Workshop Question  (Read 572 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Auto Workshop Question
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »

So for Auto Workshop (in Dwarf Hack I believe) how do you set up brew drinks?

The only one that "looks" right is:
Item: Drink
Type: Any Plant

I do that, set my range to 85-150 (if I get below 85, brew more til I have 150) (this is for my starting 7 btw).  Anyway, It shows 0 on hand and my brewer never goes to the still...I know I have booze since I just embarked.  So obviously I'm not keying it in right for this item. 

Doors, tables, chairs, these all work fine.  Just can't dial the brewski's in.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Workshop Question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:41:36 pm »

I would just use a manager noble.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 02:23:36 pm »

The manager noble doesn't automatically create jobs. He is asking for help with DFHack workflow commands. That's a bit akin to answering a Windows question with "I just use Linux".

Anyway, the documentation for DFHack says:

" workflow count DRINK (max number) (subtracted number) "

Perhaps it doesn't need a material since drinks only use plants. Or maybe only for specifying type of plant?

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 08:28:42 am »

I think I figured it out.

You can select "drink/plant" but that doesn't do anything (which seems odd since I don't particularly care what type of booze they are brewing and to my knowledge you can't really control that anyway).

If you select "drink" and then plant specific, select say "plump helmet" then that gives you a third menu with a specific brew type.  Still not sure it's working right as I was well below my minimum target number and they didn't start brewing for quite a while. 

Maybe that's one to have a "manager" and use him for these special projects..lol.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.