Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HUMANOID_JOINTS: how to change?  (Read 601 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
HUMANOID_JOINTS: how to change?
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:56:43 pm »

So I'm trying to make a  new creature, using parts of other creatures as the base. The body is like a bronze colossus, but I want it to have six arms.
   [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:HUMANOID_JOINTS:5FINGERS:5TOES]
How do I get him to have six arms? Do I just go :6ARMS: in there? Would that override :HUMANOID_JOINTS: ?
Also, is there a way to get him to 100% spawn with a weapon of my choice? I really want him to spawn holding six oversized bronze pikes (currently looking into making those, if anyone can help, I'd like them to be scaled the same as a pike is to a human, but for something the size of a fully grown dragon)
Thanks!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: HUMANOID_JOINTS: how to change?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »

You might want to take a look through the body_default file to see if there are any body designs that are already similar to what you want.

There is a body file already for a humanoid with six arms, though it does not have a neck. It is called HUMANOID_6ARMS. The humanoid joint body is only really compatible with a standard humanoid body though, so joints would not be added to the extra arms.

You can't guarantee that a creature will spawn with a weapon, but HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100 should make it possible for them to spawn with a weapon if they are a creature that has a lair. Though the weapon will likely be random.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:20:48 am »

Well... I made the Bronze Deity already. And, it's a freaking beast. Not only did it, with no dodge or sword skills, cut down a bronze colossus with seven bronze two hand swords, one of which is positioned in his mouth, but he's been slaughtering 200 iron clad grandmaster axe-sword-war hammer dwarves, all without injury. I wonder if I can position crossbows in it's eyes? And next up, it'll be facing 112 dragons! I swear, all I did was double size, give it six arms, fire immunity, and swords. Yet it still slaughtered 200 dwarves effortlessly, whereas that same setup killed a bronze colossus in a few seconds. The dragons just dented a few of his arms, once in the head.
https://imageshack.com/i/exkDwK4Ep   
https://imageshack.com/i/p27rn3mRp
https://imageshack.com/i/p2WCZhslp
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:46:11 am »

I have made four deities, each is a metal, each has six arms, each is 40k+ in size, each is fire immune super, spawns in world gen as megabeasts as often as a bronze colossus, and each has a different combat advantage compared to the other. Bronze Deity has a potential seventh punch/weapon slot, which, in arena, I like to fill all seven slots with bronze two hand swords. Then there's the Iron Deity, which lacks the seventh weapon/punch, but has a larger head, arms, and legs, also has a quartet of horns, all viable for horn attacks, and I like to give pikes. Then the Silver Deity, who is by far the fastest, and has an extra attack in the form of a bite, so this one probably would get in a first strike or two in combat, and I like to give it six silver war hammers. Then, the Gold Deity, which is the heaviest by 5k, and has the ability to shoot all fire attacks but dragon fire, and is slightly faster than Iron and Bronze. I like to give Gold some bows with steel arrows.  I'm going to work on a ten-armed, axe swinging, horned, biting, fire shooting Steel Deity tomorrow, and this one will be much, much bigger.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 07:10:55 am »

Have fun in late-game fortress mode!
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:53 am »

I think adamantine dwarves could kill it. The bronze deity only slaughtered 200 iron dwarves with seven bronze two handers, with just his seven punches and a kick, they often dodged or blocked. Not sure how a 60kg dwarves blocks a 40k kg statues punches, but ohwell. I've seen adamantine armed dwarves bifurcate bronze colossus'.