Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Very odd merchant behavior  (Read 469 times)

Griffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Very odd merchant behavior
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

So I have this crazy...bug i guess you'd call it. I've been using the latest starter pack, but ever since 40.06 i think it was I've been getting really buggy caravans. Caravans that would come, but then my depot would say "No merchants are here" or whatever, I was not allowed to trade. The merchants would stay and the normal announcements of unloading their goods and leaving soon would go by and then they would leave.

But then I noticed they have left huge stacks of items just outside my walls, all forbidden. I mean stacks of everything from caged animals to seed bags to steel swords. So i would claim the stuff and move on with my life.

Now it gets weird. Randomly, the merchants would begin to leave and some of them would be teleported down ~60 z-levels to the caverns. The first time it was some odd elf who just wandered off with his wagon and bull into the darkness. The next, however, took a whole family of yak bulls down there and the bulls have now gone insane.
Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Griffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Very odd merchant behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:25 am »

Small update: Merchants are now trading properly again, but still every time they leave a small group of them are teleported to a random cavern below me. Really odd seeing a merchant wander around a cavern, fighting off hungry heads.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
Re: Very odd merchant behavior
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

That is way too much weird stuff going on at once. Did you overwrite an older version with a newer version?
The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?