Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just another married couple  (Read 5409 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just another married couple
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 01:03:51 pm »

Goblins (unless you meant random person) don't have that title I don't think. So really the position is still hers cause it was never technically taken from her...just the land itself was which makes her title nothing more than a title

Zac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »

Goblins (unless you meant random person) don't have that title I don't think. So really the position is still hers cause it was never technically taken from her...just the land itself was which makes her title nothing more than a title

That mean that if the goblins take several sites of one's civ during play one could potentially end up with as many nobles in his fortress.
And now that you can't just kill the noble to get rid of the title but his whole family... we may have to suffer three barons, six counts, and two dukes in the same fortress. Each one mandating cinnabar mugs or candy piccolo.  :o

Death by nobility.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:28:53 pm by Zac »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:43 pm »

That mean that if the goblins take several sites of one's civ during play one could potentially end up with as many nobles in his fortress.
And now that you can't just kill the noble to get rid of the title but his whole family... we may have to suffer three barons, six counts, and two dukes in the same fortress. Each mandating cinnabar mugs or candy piccolo.  :o

Death by nobility.
Time to rev up those magma chambers! To arms, comrades!
._.

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:32 pm »

Time to rev up those magma chambers! To arms, comrades!

Fortunately I embarked near a volcano.  ;)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »

So if two independent nobles marry each other, I wonder if the titles are divided up among the children. I suppose there's no support for one dwarf to be baron of two sites, but I wonder if the second born would take the other title. or if it would just disappear.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:35:57 pm by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Zac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:33 am »

Ok, so the Noblexplosion is officialy a real threat : http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2bg0of/too_many_nobles/.

Four barons and the Queen in a three year old fortress...
I fear that even magma can't save us, that's already five kills, and you have to add one kill for each one of their family members living in the fort. And imagine the horror of watching your best speardwarf or your legendary weaponsmith turning into an useless baron, the starting seven are the only dwarves immune to that plague.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:40:44 am by Zac »
Pages: 1 2 [3]