Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Makers (coop worldbuilding game)  (Read 4669 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Makers (coop worldbuilding game)
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 12:26:46 pm »

Hubris saw the creations of it's brothers, and united them through the Watching Paths, a path that ignored space itself to link all the Brother Planets and Sister Moons, so order and chaos could connect - even the deep sea could be reached, though it could not flow through and drown the Paths. The Paths saw all who passed, and the asynchronous Outsidion was assigned a watch duty, so it could keep the balance - shutting and changing the paths as it willed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:59:21 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:45 pm »

(So we have 2 interdimensional walkways now?)

The Maker looked upon the worlds, but one thing terrified him. On [Varta], [The Rut] had the first Aura-user that the world had seen. But the Aura surrounding the man was dark, sickly, and seemed to tear on the world itself. [The Magi-Rut], as he was called, was motivated by only hatred, and he sought to rule over the world, to create a dark empire to extinguish beauty from the world. Paths had opened between the worlds, and with ease of travel, this darkness could invade the paradise of [Seos], and the world could be lost.

So, he crafted his own leader. A leader which was everything that the [Magi-Rut] wasn't. The Maker had sent visions of the destruction which the [Magi-Rut] would cause on [Seos] to a lone Human, which was chosen for his desire to protect the world over all others. His name, regardless on what it was, was now [Agais], the first Human aura-user. He too, with the knowledge granted to him, traveled across the land, but instead of conquest, he brought world of the concept of unity, so the humans could fight back against the evils of the world, so people may live outside of fear.

1/5 [Agais], a virtuous man, becomes the first Human Aura-User
2/0 [Agais] travels [Seos], teaching the concept of unity to the world and forming the [First Human Kingdoms] to combat threats to the world.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:22:06 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »

((... what's the first? ))

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 04:02:38 pm »

((... what's the first? ))
1/2 The Maker thought for a moment of the twin planets, how they are so related, yet so separate. He decided, then that this must be remedied, and a remedy he concocted. It was at this time that he decided there must be a crossing, a bridge between the worlds... THE CROSSLAND, a paradimensional bridge which, along with connecting Varta and Seos, would connect any other worlds of the makers as well. They are a labyrinth that only the most skilled of AURA may decipher, which is not bad, because that's when the fun begins, and The Maker loves a challenge
There you go.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

(( Fair enough. I'll change it.

Tomorrow, though. ))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:18 am »

(( Any change GD? ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »

10/0

Tick.
Tock.

Time passed, and the civilisations grew. Knowledge was gained, and knowledge was lost. The Maker [Hubris] had no wish to see civilisations backslide, so onto the [Crossland] he created the [Librarium Vol], a repository for all the knowledge that will ever be known, and the asynchronous Outsidion assigned to watch it. With all knowledge safe-guarded - though still restricted - civilisation could continue to advance.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 07:41:37 am »

((Apologies for the lack of update, birthday, exam results and all sorts coming up so things are a tad hectic. I'll try and get one up ASAP, but I won't make any promises as to when.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 06:10:45 am »

((Bump just to say this isn't forgotten. Accepting a uni place is far more complicated than I previously thought, and people keep coming round. Given next week I'm off on a hike, I likely won't be able to update until September.

However, given the nature of the rules, you guys should be able to run another round without an update, so feel free to go ahead and do that.))))

Sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 05:35:12 pm »

10/1 The Tempter had a thought. It seemed to him that Varta was too barren, and even a hellhole needs a paradise, so he made Oasis, a paradise rivaling Seos, on Varta. Within Oasis, he made a Nth, a cursed building, which made a personal paradise for any who enter, but any who indulged in its pleasures would be lost forever within the building, forever subject to the whims of the Tempter
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]