Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Makers (coop worldbuilding game)  (Read 4674 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Makers (coop worldbuilding game)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

3/0: Three Maker-days after creation, the [Star] remained unnamed! And this was because it was the [Mother Star], and would birth two [Children of the Star] in a never before seen shape every time [Seos] and [Varta] were directly opposite one another or one eclipsed the other! The [Children of the Star], when they form, would float outward, beyond both [Seos] and [Varta], into the [Medium of Propagation], where they would live star-lives most wonderful!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 12:39:55 am »

Bumping, just cause I don't want this to disappear yet.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 04:38:29 am »

(( NRDL has been PM'd, will move him to the end of the list if he doesn't post in 24hrs.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 07:24:01 am »

((The one day I don't check up on Bay12...))

4/0: One Maker saw that Seos was too idyllic.  In time, even perfection could stagnate.  And so the Var-Seos were willed into existence, a simple people that one could mistake for moving sludge.  But their greatest gift, and greatest curse, was their ability to change, adapt and transform. 

And so it was decreed, that on the month wherein the first universal year would end, the Var-Seos would change, and step closer to their ultimate destiny.  What they would become next, not even this Maker knew, for it would be left to the forces of chaos and the Aura, to shape them.

((Basically, Arbiter, it's up to the dice and your imagination))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 07:57:08 am »

5/0: As the first complex organisms came into being, one Maker saw that they were beings of chaos; creatures adverse to the Order that the Makers had slowly begun. And so, the Maker descended into the bowels of [Seos] and worked on his brother's creation, the [Guardian]. He reshaped the being, giving the automaton the gift of sentience. It would no longer serve as Guardian but [Ruler]; it would guide these Var-Seos into a stable and ordered future. Proud of his contribution, this Maker fell to pride and gave himself the name 'Architect'.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:59:34 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 08:55:00 am »

1/1: As all the other Makers worked, life sprung up. Intelligence was constantly worked on. One Maker made the [Var-Seos], what appeared to be simple slime over a proper form, a being chaotic as it could be. Another had reshaped the [Guardian], changing its purpose a being. On [Varta], he saw the savages called [The Rüt], which could easily be fooled into destruction. So he waited, to think on what to build.

Realizing a race which could be orderly was needed, the Maker created a more ordered race called [Humans], in a similar image as the [Guardian]. While they lacked much direction, they had much potential to use. The only fear, is that the Dark Maker could soon fool them as well, but that is something which would have to wait to be seen.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:59:43 am by Humaan »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 09:55:40 am »

((It was GDs turn next....
Seriously guys, the turn order is the same as in each turn post.
Whilst it isn't too important at the moment (and so I'll let the runs stand) it'll likely become more so as we move on to actual events over acts of creation.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »

Oops, saw everyone else post, jumped the gun.

I'll admit, it is tough being in a God Game with a turn order.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »

The Maker stared at creation, seeing the life forms rise from chaos and order. But they were all limited, and so on 7/0 he created the [Outsidions] - 7 immortal, powerful beings, sleeping inside the Sister Moons, who could be contracted by lesser races for power in exchange for a cost - a potent price that varied on the individual, but always cost the contractee dearly. The [Outsidions] would consume any that broke the contract, and would other contracts to prevent either order or chaos from achieving total dominion - or to prevent the vile Runes from being obtained.
It saw it's brother give into hubris, and to mock it, took that word for itself - it became Hubris.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »

Bump
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 03:44:24 am »

Then came life, in all its glory. On the surface of Varta arose a race of sentient plants, the Rut, eternally aflame and yet never burning. The Var-Seos came into being, simple creatures for the present. The Guardian was given its own mind so that it could rule them. The Outsidions were birthed in the centres of the sister moons, to make contract with the rest. And finally the Humans arose, inclined to order even as the Rut were towards chaos.
 Then came the first eclipse on Seos. Two children of the Sun were birthed, and when the light returned, the Var-Seos as they were were nowhere to be seen. If there had been anyone to look, they would have been found deep in the oceans. There they sprouted fins and tails, primitive organs detecting heat their main form of navigation.

Spoiler: Makers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pieces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Events (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:57:30 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 05:45:16 am »

1/2 The Maker thought for a moment of the twin planets, how they are so related, yet so separate. He decided, then that this must be remedied, and a remedy he concocted. It was at this time that he decided there must be a crossing, a bridge between the worlds... THE CROSSLAND, a paradimensional bridge which, along with connecting Varta and Seos, would connect any other worlds of the makers as well. They are a labyrinth that only the most skilled of AURA may decipher, which is not bad, because that's when the fun begins, and The Maker loves a challenge
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 05:58:06 am »

One of the Makers, a great fan of the number seven, judged for a moment what was missing from this picture. And it was clear to it that the auspicious date of 6/0 had been left empty! This would not do!

On 6/0, it created [Kryptos], the wandering sentient moon with no stable orbit! The goal of Kryptos was to make the obvious hidden, the known unknown, the simple complex and the complex deceptively simple, and to hide small pieces in corners where they would not be located by any but the exceptionally clever, until it uncovered them and hid them elsewhere, the hiding places growing increasingly simple as aeons passed. Things of power would be hidden better than insignificant things as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:06:10 am by Harry Baldman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 06:10:20 am »

1/3 One Maker, taking pity on the Rut and their eternal purgatory, implanted the idea of salvation within the mind of one ordinary Rut, connecting him to the Aura.  This Magi-Rut, sensing the inherent beauty of the universe, grew angry, and from his burning rage he unlocked the secret to CHAOS AURA, and using his newfound power, united the disparate Rut into one whole, hateful nation.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 08:37:41 am »

1/4 Life flourished in the universe, as was the will of the Makers. What displeased the one known as the Architect however was that when the mortal shells of those they had created withered, their souls were left to die a slow painful death. And so, he crafted the Requilary of Souls, a place where the dead of all that ever lived would find eternal sleep.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4