Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cannib..... Err New Food source  (Read 2781 times)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cannib..... Err New Food source
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 02:08:30 am »

Entity changes are one of the types of changes that cannot be done on a running save.
*some entity changes only. Ethics does need restart though I believe (active season, for example, does not)

It's also worth noting that there's an excellent chance many more things in the entity file will be moddable in an active save with the upcoming release, due to the fact that a lot more worldgen situations will be ongoing and not finished by the time you have a fort. So the game will probably be looking up numbers in the entity file actively more often after start.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »

To get my dwarves eating kobold meat biscuits and making soap from goblin tallow, I had to set EAT_SAPIENT_KILL to REQUIRED.

No signs of dwarves eating dwarves, yet.

Did you generate a new world afterwards?

Entity changes are one of the types of changes that cannot be done on a running save.

Also, your dwarves aren't going to eat deceased members of your own entity.  If they would get a coffin, they cannot be butchered. Doesn't matter what your ethics are.

Genuine cannibalism isn't possible with just straightforward ethics modding. It's a real bummer.  :(

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 11:28:12 pm »

EAT_SAPIENT_KILL, eh?

What about sparring accidents?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 01:18:20 am »

Urist has been unhappy recently. He dined in a legendary dining room lately. He accidentally killed a friend in a fit of rage recently. He enjoyed starting a fist fight recently.

Urist feels quite content.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.
Pages: 1 [2]