Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Slingblock: A noob fortress - Free Socks* (Details inside)  (Read 40233 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Slingblock: A noob fortress - Free Socks* (Details inside)
« Reply #405 on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:05 pm »

From the Journal of Ingiz Tradeanvils, Granite 8th:

My Iton!  My darling Iton has died!  Oh, poor Iton!  He stepped in some goo and died!  At least he has been laid to rest in one of Limul Rulushkivish's masterful diorite coffins.  It's magnificent!  *sobs*  Poor Iton...

Oh my gods!  There's a dead body in this hallway!  They say he was Sibrek Figurefriendly...  This place needs more safety!

Granite 9th:

I just saw a dwarf child in the hallway.  Her name was Tosid Cobaltcircles, and she seemed ecstatic.  She was talking calmly about her great bedroom, the beautiful plants in the caverns, her mother, her baby brother Dastot, a fine-looking armor stand, how she had helped harvest something lately... She looked very familiar.  What... maybe...

OH!

OH MY GOSH!  She's the tantrumming dwarf from my dream!  She was miserable!  Her mother and brother died!  The one's she's talking about!  I've got to talk to the head mechanic and find out a way of saving them!  By washing them all!  I don't normally help people, but I'm confident that I can save many people if I act now!  My duty commands me to!  Oh, this is so stressful...  I don't feel discouraged, though.  Who can I talk to...

That freaky blood's falling from the sky again.

Granite 10th:

I talked to Rimtar Gearedford, the head mechanic.  He said that he was already planning to build something, so he had started preparing the tools and mechanisms.  I told him that he could definitely build the obsidian generator, but he had to build some baths first.  He told me that he's start designing it, but wondered what it was for.  I thought about what he was like.  He is often cheerful, so he shouldn't be too horrified about the truth.  He's slow to trust others; that might be a problem.  He finds helping others rewarding, though, so I think I can tell him.  Besides, if he's slow to trust others, he'd know who's really trustworthy.

Granite 11th:

My order of pig iron bars has been completed.  Good!  After almost two weeks, I think these dwarves have gotten around to orders I gave in the first day.

Granite 14th:

I've finally gotten some time to manage the work orders.  As I work, I wonder what was causing the sickness.  Perhaps some of that goop on the surface?  Why wasn't anybody cleaning it?  I looked at the list of current jobs.  Oh my gods! I thought.  There isn't a single adult dwarf idling!  What if someone needs to be brought water, or an important things hauled, or there's a million pieces of meat in the butcher's shop?  Didn't the previous manager read the manual?  Maybe that Murdoc just told him/her not to do any of that just because of his OCD or something...  EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DIE!!!  I can't handle this stress!  What can I do?  Wait!  We need idlers... which would mean a rearrangement of job orders... which would be my job!  I'm a legendary organizer!  I can do this!

Okay, Tholtig, that's great.  You've made another masterpiece roast consisting of plump helmets, plump helmets, plump helmets, and plump helmets.  Could you please not distract me?

Granite 15th:

Somebody said something about Logem Satustuth's lost masterpiece.  I have no idea what they're talking about.

Granite 16th:

Apparently Logem was a Swordmaster.

Hooray!  My order of wooden buckets has been completed!  Dwarves were complaining about the lack of buckets to carry water for the sick and purposes such as mud.

A snow storm's here.

Granite 17th:

Still working on the organization, but I noticed that Rakust Fathatul, an engraver and glassmaker that I told might become a hauler, has stopped eating.  He's acting kind of strange...

Zaneg Oddomkekim, a clothier, is complaining about his masterwork being destroyed.  I don't know if maybe the snow wrecked something of hers, or something?  At least she's still ecstatic, despite "suffering the travesty of art defacement" and "complaining of thirst," since she's "slept in a fantastic bedroom," "been satisfied at work," "ate a legendary meal," "dined in a legendary dining room," "admired a fine chair," "had a fine drink," and "talked with a child" lately.  Wow.  She's so happy.  She's sort of like me: she doesn't handle stress well.  Unlike me, she's calm and slow to anger.  How does she do that?

Granite 18th:

Definitely odd.  He's stopped talking to the rest of us.  He's muttering something about glass.  I'm worried that I might have done something to him when I told him he might have to abandon his lifelong profession for lugging stuff around the rest of his life.  I did tell him he was a Hauler Candidate, and might become a nurse or something...

You know, he's somewhat reserved.  That might mean something...

Granite 19th:

He's grabbed lots of stuff and piled it up in a Glass Furnace, but he's not showing any signs of using any sand, rock crystals or fuel.  Huh.

Granite 21st:

KING MURDOC!  He just told me that we weren't allowed to export any gauntlets.  He says that we need them too much.  We don't even export gauntlets!  If you're going to ban the export of something -

Oh.  Carry on.

Granite 23rd:

Lokum Olinudib just declared himself an Axe Lord.  Cool.  The weather's finally clear again.  Rakust hasn't responded, but looks almost done collecting items.  Thank goodness he's doing all this in the upper portion of the fortress.  He looks like he's starving, and his eyes are drooping.  I hope all this is worth it for him.

Granite 24th:

He's gathered all he needs, and is working on a really mysterious construction.

He has:
  • 3 imported rough gems of green glass
  • 2 mudstone blocks
  • 1 imported giant cave spider silk cloth, dyed midnight blue
  • some rough yellow zircons
  • some copper bars

That seems promising, but not too extravagant: imported glass and midnight blue cloth, but simple mudstone and copper.

Granite 25th:

I'm currently telling idlers to start hauling stuff.  Can't build up a backlog of stuff to be hauled!

Granite 27th:

Rakust Fathatul has created Vathsithselor, a green glass box!  What I still don't get is how he didn't use any sand or fuel, but I guess he just melted the green glass with his Armok-blessed self-discipline and iron will I was told he has.  Cool.

Vathsithselor, "Squarerites," a green glass box

This is a green glass box.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with marquise cut yellow zircons, decorated with marquise cut green glass gems and encircled with bands of rose cut green glass gems, giant cave spider silk and oval mudstone cabochons.  This object menaces with spikes of green glass and mudstone.  On the item is an image of Sunpleat the steel cap in copper.

I like how there are two marquise cut gems and one oval cabochon.  Very... symmetric and asymmetric?  And there are lots of bands around it, and the silk looks cool, and there are awesome spikes on it, and a steel cap is depicted in copper.  Very... philosophical.  It's even worth 43,200 Urists!

Well, I suppose this means he gets to keep his job.  Sorry, Rakust.  It was for the good of the fortress.  Your new title is "Awesome Glassmaker."  I don't know what you'll do without any sand, as I don't think the gem cutters will let you keep melting their rough glass gems, but any legendary artifact-producing dwarf gets to do whatever they want.  If they want to do nothing but the labor of the artifact, sure.  If they want to try something new, sure.  If they want to do nothing, I guess that's okay.  I shall build the great box in the dining room for all to admire.

Slate 7th:

I've been busy telling the idle crowd what to do.  I hope to have each dwarf doing only one or two hauling jobs.  Stupid bloody rain.

Slate 16th:

The Forgotten Beast Cavemi has come!  A great quadruped composed of garnierite.  It has a pair of squat antennae and it squirms and fidgets.  Beware its deadly spittle!

Is it asking me to cave the ceiling in on it?  Seriously?

Some migrants came.  Bloody stupid dwarves.  They're just going to become haulers.

Slate 18th:

Dobar Shemmeb, captain of the Tin Crossbows, says that he rather likes the feel of his bismuth bronze crossbow.  Good for you!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:07:37 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #406 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:19 pm »

From the Miner's Log of Kosoth Identhalal, Sole Miner of Slingblock:

Granite 18th:

That new manager told me to do nothing but mine, eat, drink, and sleep.  She said I could socialize if I didn't have any work, since she wanted me always on call.  I think she might have plans...

Slate 22nd:

Been mining out some sphalerite in the marble layer.  Found a lot of gems.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #407 on: April 08, 2015, 09:16:48 pm »

From the Journal of Ingiz Tradeanvils:

Slate 23rd:

Solon Thosbutcog, Marksdwarf has died of thirst in the hospital.  We need more nurses!

Slate 24th:

I appointed another nurse, but it was too late for Monom Kolokol, Dwarven Child.

Slate 27th:

Inod Mafolulzest, Milker has also died of thirst!

Felsite 7th:

Thank goodness!  I appointed two nurses and a doctor, and they gave food and water to the two surviving patients.  Our miner is mining ore nicely.  It's nice having so many idlers.  If I want something done, I can get it done now.

Felsite 14th:

Urdim Morulibruk, Engineer has given birth to a boy.  It's so cute!

Hah!  She just stopped filling a pond and looked for her little boy!  It was hiding, the little rascal.

The elves from Calovi Palothi have come.  Well, they're better than no traders, though I'd prefer the humans or dwarves.

Felsite 15th:

A goblin "master" thief tried to sneak in.  She got caught in a cage.  Hah!  Another one!  He tried to sneak in from the other side.  Our mechanics are better than your thieves, goblins!  Yet another one, he's on the first side.  Uh, oh, we're running out of traps.  I'm ordering the Hammers of Unity out there.

An ambush!  Curse them!  The elves have spotted five goblins, and there might be more.  They appear to be four pikemen and a lasher.  They may not be the best traders, but the elves are peaceful sentients, and they have no guards.  I'm sending the militia out there.

Aaaaaand they just barf all over the ground.  Useless.

The goblins are just beating up, stabbing, and chipping the hooves off the yaks.  Hope that distracts the goblins long enough for the elves to escape or the hammerdwarves to arrive.  The hammerdwarves were training in the above-ground barracks, so I told them to stand outside and watch for goblin thieves.  Kobold thieves aren't that bad, as we just lose a little trinket or something, and they're usually spotted before they take anything big, and they're easy for any trained soldier to defeat.  The goblin thieves are better with their weapons and will take our babies and children away!

Anyway, I stationed the Hammers of Unity outside, so they'll be the first onto the battlefield.  That's good; they're well-armed, well-armored, well-trained, and they're great at incapacitating a few enemies.  The problem is during a siege, when they'll spend the entire time bashing a goblin's toes into mush when they could be saving the lives of several other dwarves, but this is just an ambush.

Another snatcher.  Okay, this is a bit much.  Two more goblins, one on each side, and then we'll be full.  I hope this is all, maybe one more.

The goblins still haven't done anything but torture and kill the yaks.

Ablel Atheledtul, Hammerdwarf is the first to confront a goblin, Nguslu Gusnogozru, a Goblin Pikeman.  The goblin just ignores her, continuing to stab a yak in the head.  Ablel scratches the goblin in the left lower leg, bruising the muscle.  She's definitely a competent striker.  The goblin still ignores her, stabbing the yak in the head again.

So far, we've only had two casualties: a yak bull and a yak cow, lashed or stabbed in the head, tearing the brain.  At some point, it became Felsite 16th.

Wow!  Ablel just charged at the goblin pikeman, bashing her in the left lower arm from behind with her *silver war hammer*, chipping the bone and knocking her over!  Ablel bashes her in the right foot, then the left foot.  I see...  If the goblin can't stand, it can't hurt her as easily.

I guess that battle's over.  Ablel just punched the goblin in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and instantly killing it.  On closer inspection, she's a legendary fighter, but only a halfway-to-legendary hammerdwarf.  Wow.  You keep punching, okay?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:24:00 am by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2015, 08:32:56 am »

Felsite 16th:

I'm starting a new day because it apparently became the 16th during the battle.  Yesterday had a rather large journal entry.

The elves make it to the plains, where they immediately break into a fast jog.  The goblins chase after them, not knowing that the pikeman who stayed behind with the other elves is dead.  A pikeman catches up and stabs a yak in the tail, cutting it open.  Its tail is now oozing yak blood onto the landscape.  That doesn't matter!  It's already covered with blood!

The militia run onto the plain.

The goblins still ignore them.

More goblins arrive!  A crossbowman and four macemen.  Oh no!  A copper bolt struck an elf in the right lower leg, tearing the muscle and causing the elf to fall over!  She's doomed.  The marksdwarves are firing from the hill.  A pikeman stabs the injured elf in the left foot, opening an artery and severing many nerves.

The militia commander is coming to save the day!  She just slashed a pikeman in the lower body, tearing apart muscles and guts!

The pikeman is now torturing the injured elf, twisting his iron pike around in her wounds!  Now he's stabbing her left foot again.  It's running with blood.

The militia commander slaps the pikeman in the right lower arm, fracturing the bone!  She stabs him in the left hand, tearing the muscle.

That poor elf was just stabbed in the upper body, tearing a lung.  She looks like she's having some trouble breathing.  I don't think she'll live through the day.

The commander stabs the pikeman in the left hand, shattering the bone and opening an artery, then a hammerdwarf helps out by shattering the right elbow's bone.  Hooray!  The pikeman dropped his pike!

The goblins have clustered around the elf, taking turns stabbing her and punching her to death.

Ablel kicks the pikeman in the foot, shattering the bone.  The goblin fell over.

The elf has mercifully given into pain.  It's done for. I just hope it doesn't suffer too much.  I hope it goes to whatever sort of heaven it has, where they can live in a forest where nobody ever cuts down a tree and stuff.  There.  A second after I wrote that, a pikeman shattered her skull, which tore her brain open.  Rest in peace, Fece Athaithaya.

Ablel and the commander team up on the pikeman.  It's tired, nauseous, faint, and in extreme pain.  Its lower body, right upper arm, right lower arm, left lower arm, left hand, left lower leg, right foot, left foot, right lung, guts, right elbow, fourth toe, left foot, and left true ribs are broken, and several other body parts are bruised.  Come on, guys, just bash its head in and move on!

Oh no!  Urdim Rigothulab, a hammerdwarf, rushed into the fray only to be stabbed in the legs and bashed in the head.  He's dead, and Ablel has gone from Unhappy to Miserable from seeing it.

Oh, no, again!  A goblin lasher lashed the commander's arm from behind, fracturing the bone!  She dropped her sword.  Then a pikeman stabbed her in the head from behind, tearing the muscle and a tendon in the upper spine.  She fell over.

Marksdwarves to the rescue!  The lasher that was lashing the commander was struck in the arm!  He dropped his scourge!

Ablel Atheledtul has become a Hammer Lord.

Goden Idensacat Nuraliseth Aval, Swordmaster and militia commander has suffocated.

All but one of the goblins has been defeated.  The final one was... that was interesting.  First ten minutes, he was torturing yaks and the commander.  Then a single iron bolt flew in from behind and caused him to drop his iron scourge and fall over unconscious.  Then a marksdwarf spent an hour bashing his head, but a copper cap kept him safe.  When he recovered, the marksdwarf charged at him and tore his left first finger apart with his crossbow, causing him to give into pain and fall over.  Another hour of concussions, then he woke up and was bashed in the foot, causing him to yet again fall over unconscious, then was bashed for another hour, then woke up and was hacked and slashed twice by a swordmaster and an axe lord.  Then the axe lord hacked him in the head, killing him.

There are.  SO.  MANY.  BOLTS ON THE GROUND.

We won, but with three casualties: the commander, a hammerdwarf, and - wait.  That marksdwarf was never hit.  Why was - THE PUS!  The corpse is covered in pus!  And a spatter of Inrus Abysssneak's forgotten beast blood!  Now I know who did it.

Let's check to see if any of the item haulers have the pus on them.  Nope!  Thank goodness I did that thing with the specialized haulers.  Who knows who might have buried the afflicted if I hadn't done that.

He was found dead on a table in the hospital.  Perhaps a doctor was trying to cure him.

A stray war dog has died outside, covered in pus.  A puppy has died close to there, but it was only coated in snow.  Odd.  Rumor is that they bled to death.  I suppose perhaps their body heat might have melted the frozen blood around them?

Again!  Another stray puppy, again outside, again untouched!

And another.  And another.  Now a stray war grizzly bear, this time covered in pus.

Malachite 19th:

I haven't had a lot of time to write in this journal.  It's summer now, but you can't tell it from the weather.  Still snowing blood.

Dastot Roderkol, the mayor, got it into his head that he should punish Edzul Amostabsam, a skilled marksdwarf, for not producing shields.  Edzul is an adequate hammerdwarf, a skilled marksdwarf, a dabbling shield user, armor user, biter, striker, kicker, and miscellaneous object user, a skilled fighter, a competent archer, an adequate wrestler, a skilled dodger, a novice animal trainer, a novice trapper, a novice cheese maker, an adequate grower, a great leatherworker, a novice dyer, and a novice organizer, but he is not a carpenter or an armorsmith.  You're the carpenter, you go make a shield!

Cerol Oltarteshkad, the hammerer, is the father of poor Monom.  I hope he knows that I did all I could to save him.  Come one, three nurses, three people to give food and water to.  If you're capable of giving yourself food and drink in a timely manner, why can't you give others the same?  Two of them even "liked helping others."  Anyway, he's an okay person, but he doesn't handle stress well, just like me.  I hope I can talk him into not hurting Edzul too much.

Malachite 20th:

Ick!  Miasma!  It appears to be emanating from a reindeer inside of a cage in the animal stockpile.  I appoint another refuse hauler.

Malachite 21st:

Rigoth Zuglarrimad, four-year-old Dwarven Child is acting strange.  He's hiding from everybody and whispering to himself.  Kids these days... are actually kind of creative.  Cool.  I just wish he wouldn't be so secretive about it.  Well, I bet he'll be a great craftsdwarf when he grows up.  He's got the right spark of inspiration for creating a masterwork or something.  Ah, I see.  Her younger brother (three years old), who tends to avoid crowds, says that she "don like talking wif uder peeple.  She likes tuh be adone [alone].  I can truhsht her, doe [though].  She very nice."

Malachite 23rd:

Cerol has chained Edzul up and is getting his hammer.

Malachite 24th:

Rigoth has claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop.

Malachite 26th:

Cerol has taken a short break from justice to have a drink.

Malachite 27th:

Rigoth is sketching an awful lot of pictures.  Skeletons, rough gems, cut gems, skeletons, cut gems, a quarry...

Galena 2nd:

Cerol is finally done getting hammered and is back to - WHAT?!  He's going to EXECUTE a CRIMINAL?  Oh, dear, I've got to watch this and make sure nothing bad happens.

Edzul has been sentenced to five hammerstrikes.

1st: The hammerer bashes the Marksdwarf in the left upper leg with his -silver war hammer-, bruising the muscle through the =cave spider silk trousers=!

2nd: The hammerer bashes the Marksdwarf in the upper body with his -silver war hammer-, bruising the muscle and bruising the upper body through the x(sheep wool cloak)X!

3rd: The hammerer bashes the Marksdwarf in the left lower arm with his -silver war hammer-, bruising the muscle through the x(sheep wool cloak)x!

4th: The hammerer bashes the Marksdwarf in the second toe, left foot with his -silver war hammer-, but the attack glances away!

What.

5th: The hammerer bashes the Marksdwarf in the left foot with his -silver war hammer-, bruising the fat through the =steel high boot=!

Oh, he had a boot on.  I was imagining the heavy hammer descending down upon a bare toe, then just bouncing off without any damage.  Well, what do you expect when you beat a militia-dwarf?  Of course they have armor on.

Oh.  Oh dear.  Edzul is unhappy, which anyone could expect: he's not a bleeping carpenter!  He's bruised a bit, but that's okay.  It's his lungs I'm worried about.  That second strike seemed to damage one of them.

Galena 10th:

Rigoth has begun working on something.  He's using two chunks of limonite, some draltha bone, a couple of rough red zircons, a cut opal, some wolf bone, some goblin bone, and a cut jade.

Galena 12th:

The human traders have arrived from Larothpesor.

Just as they come, a siege arrives!  Twenty-seven goblins, trolls and beasts.  Beware their mastery of their weapons!

Okay, not kidding.  We've got to save the humans or they'll attack us next year!

I give the alert while the humans try to drive the goblins off.  Battle of the Pikemen!  Goblins and Humans!

Galena 14th:

The humans have put up a good fight, but more goblins have arrived.  The total is now forty-five.  The humans killed almost all of the first wave, but they're retreating into our fortress now.

Galena 15th:

In the midst of the siege, Rigoth has created a limonite crown named Ishlumaddor Ennolcatten, "Nutsdrown the Reputed Channels".  I wonder if she thinks that nuts should drown in channels.  Anyway, it's a superb limonite crown, quite possibly the best crown I've ever seen, all the stuff on it is great.  It has trillion cut red zircons encrusted onto it and there are bands of rectangular limonite things, draltha bone, octagon cut red zircons and cushion cut blue jades going all around the outside.  Rings of prase opal hang off it and there are spikes of limonite, wolf bone and goblin bone on the top.

Wow.  That's just amazing.  Tosid Roughnessdistant, our broker, says it looks to be worth almost a hundred thousand Urists.  She should know.  She's a legendary appraiser, a master negotiator, and a professional judge of intent.  Wow.  She's also a professional consoler and pacifier.  She says she runs something for unhappy dwarves to make them happier.  Great idea, Tosid!  Two dwarves, Doren Onamducim and Asob Iriddodok, are unhappy.  She says Ablel is fine now.  That's great.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:49:40 pm by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2015, 02:23:44 pm »

I promise I'll get to this eventually!  I have other Real Life stuff going on.  Well, at least nobody posted to ask what was going on.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2015, 04:31:03 pm »

An extremely belated hello!  I now have both enough time, a working computer, a working save, etc.  Ingiz is back!

I started up the game at about Hematite 25th, 258.  I remember almost none of the rolepl -

What.  The.  Circus.

Is that really a shaft to a curious underground structure?  Spoilers ahead, folks, I'm shocked that nobody mentioned this more.

So anyway (I was tempted to say "on related news", but it's not), most everybody is fine in Slingblock, but the scattered corpses and unhappy soldiers tell a darker story.

Hematite 25th:

Chilled by the ice in my room and the recent events, I claim a tomb.

Today was simple managerial work, as well as paperwork for the nobles.

Hematite 26th:

Ah, good, the shield I ordered for Mayor Roderkol was produced.  She's always cheered up by excellent craftsdwarfship.

Hematite 28th:

I was alerted that there were goblins in the fortress.  I was justifiably worried, but it seems it was merely a prisoner.  I have not infinite time, peasant, and your works would falter without me.  Cease your worried cries of doom.

Malachite 1st:

On my break, I wandered down to the tombs, finding this:

"Kisatoshur" (roughly translated as "An Empty Circle"), an image of a crown.

It disturbed me.  Perhaps an unhappy citizen wishes to depose the nobility, or someone views the nobility as useless, unintelligent, or such.  Either way, it alarms me.  I will tell Baron Murdoc Osorablel, who I now view as almost a colleague I can get along with.

And another: "Zocukrakas", roughly translated as "The Ominous Stranger," an image of 4maskwolf surrounded by dwarves, being appointed commander.  Who is this wolf, and why is he an ominous stranger?...

Tulon Sobirlikot, a dwarven baby, was giggling and gooing at a goblin in a cage.  This is... frightening.  Children should fear such babysnatching monsters.

Malachite 2nd:

As the haulers are overloaded, I have ordered the food industry halted, save brewing.  We have no need of food now, with thousands upon thousands of meals in our stockpiles.

Malachite 3rd:

Udil Monomgeth has begun a mysterious construction!  With the gold, rough yellow zircons, and cougar leather, our blacksmith is sure to construct something very yellow.

In the paperwork, I found something sad, something odd, and something terrifying:

Dead/Missing (647):
'Dunamisdeos' Olinusen, Miner
'Skullsploder' Letmososod, Mason
'Evilsx' Vaboktulon, Planter
'MeimieFan88' Erushiton, Miner
'4maskwolf' Kelsavot, Axedwarf
'August' Oslanabod, Hammerdwarf
Flame Specter
Melbilakir, Giant Mole Corpse
Luslemirid, Giant Mole Corpse
assorted corpses

The six dwarves are the dead from the initial expedition.  All of the Baron's friends are dead.  This saddens me.

Then the "flame spectre."  What is such a thing?  It sounds as if it were a demonic figure...

And the corpses.  What caused the corpses to rise?  I did not know there were necromancers near us, nor that the evil lands did more than snow down blood.

Perhaps all of these things are related...  I shall ask the Baron, as he spoke of a "cavern," yet there are no demons, zombies, or dead dwarves in the caverns.  It seems he would know what is going on in this fortress.  I may have been to quick to judge him by the state of the fortress; I think I could have hardly done better in his position.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:26:52 am by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #411 on: October 22, 2015, 07:35:32 am »

Malachite 6th, 258

A rotten grizzly bear corpse is "stinkin up the booze room!"  Endok, a fisherdwarf who was recently drafted for a short time, was already very unhappy, and is now miserably throwing a tantrum.

Malachite 7th:

The moody blacksmith has created Kengrazot, "Steamraptors," a gold hatch cover!  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with gold and menaces with spikes of yellow zircon and cougar leather.  It is worth 98,400☼, and weighs 193Γ.
Sigtext!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 22, 2015, 07:47:50 pm »

Lol dude are you ever gonna finish your turn?
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2015, 03:29:44 pm »

I hope so!  Although it might take a year.  Heh.  I might set a record.  Year-long turn in both senses of the term.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]