Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: ArmageddonMUD - Low-Magic, Permadeath, Desert Themed, RPI MUD  (Read 21810 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: ArmageddonMUD - Low-Magic, Permadeath, Desert Themed, RPI MUD
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2012, 10:00:58 am »

I got in, but haven't used my character much at all to deal with tests. I'll probably get into it more during this mid year break. Have no idea of how to start playing a merchant or join a merchant house though, so any tips related to that would be much apreciated :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2012, 10:02:21 am »

I made my thief, logged in, wandered around the market a little, didn't know what any of the material types were or how to view my stats and whatnot, and left.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »

Started playing this using mushclient. I'm really liking the game and have joined Byn, the only thing which I'm finding really frustrating right now is the mapping, I'm finding my self getting lost even in Byns small compound. Can anyone help ? Is there a mapping feature or something I can use for this ?.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:29 am »

There isn't a mapping feature, but there are some basic maps available in the help files.

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view.php?name=Map%20Allanak
http://www.armageddon.org/help/view.php?name=Map%20Tuluk

It'll click a lot sooner than you think it will :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 07:21:02 am »

Yeah it's slowly clicking, but I started using Cmud client whic has a mapper built in and one of the Sgt's at Byn gave me a map... Holy hell Allanak is huge :P. I would have needed to map anyway other wise I would always be getting lost I need some sort of visual prompt or I just lose :P.

But I'm really enjoying it. Cooper do you still play ?

And how are the Admins in mistakes ? I'm still really getting use to the emoteing system and tend to make a lot of mistakes hehe.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2012, 07:30:25 am »

Wait...there are coded maps now?  Wish I'd known about that before :-\

The staff are mostly a decent bunch and you're definitely not going to get penalised for mucking up a few emotes.  Hell, it might actually make things a little easier for you.  Armers utterly love newbies, so you're likely to get given a little slack (even if it doesn't feel like it at times) until you get to grips with things.  Be careful with combat though, resurrections are exceedingly rare for any reason other than outright bugs.

I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, what with college and a couple of personal projects I'm working on.  Still popping in to play the odd flavour character from time to time though, and I'll be leaping back in as soon as I can spare the time that Arm deserves :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2012, 07:34:53 am »

Yeah it's only for the Cmud client though. And it's prone to messing up so you have to do a lot of manual alterations, but the guy who gave me his map.. He has nearly the whole world mapped and my god its huge.

And sweet when you start to get involved a bit more PM me always looking to pair up with guys IC.

And yeah I have a good idea on combat had my ass handed to me in several sparring sessions with some other Byn members. Also it's a little annoying that Byn are mainly warriors but I rolled a assassin so I cant work with daggers or anything but the skilling up in other areas is decent and I have another bynner giving me some horrible horrible poisons to play with hehehehe.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2014, 04:52:31 am »

Hey, I just started as a Human Warrior/Guard in Tuluk. Any advice?

Edit: I just realized I posted in the old thread I w as reading because I assumed my other post had been swallowed. Haha, my bad, ignore!
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]