Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ☼Dorfday: The Aftermatch☼ - Welcome to Dreadsevered! (looking for dorfs)!  (Read 2322 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, it could be appropriate to make Grim a broker.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile

that's a promising story you've got there.may i take a dwarf too?i don't care if he's peasant,militia or noble,anything will do.name him(her?) Crazyduck :)

as for his/her personality,i would like to be the looney/slight hints of insanity guy/girl
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:43:06 pm by than402 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Posting to watch. :)

If you look at a unit you can press ctrl shift p to have it printed to the forumdwarves.txt in your df folder. Makes postings thoughts and unit descriptions, and even artefacts, a lot easier. no screenshots or cropping needed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

I might join in when some migrants arrive... not sure yet about what his personality or job should be.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

I'd enjoy a peasant slot, if you wouldn't mind. Renamed Lyeos if possible, simply for the sake of being able to keep up with him. Umm... I would prefer to be a Surgeon/Suturer (seeing as this is Masterwork, as far as I could tell by skimming, it might help to make me the Cleric if that ever happens, considering the bonuses). I'd also be willing to take Woodcutting and/or Armoring (Though I realize metal is scarce), or some sort of Mason or Engraver because I like stones. since I doubt I'll be busy in the hospital all the time. Of course, feel free to change my Labors as needed. No preference as to the Dwarf's gender, really.

Edit: Just read back and realized that there are no trees, and very deep soil. Farmer, then, I guess? I still stand by my earlier choice of Surgeon/Suturer, though. Oh, and magic is pretty resource-heavy, so I realize the Cleric thing is highly unlikely. Just mentioned it for the nice, lovely bonuses it provides to the fortress.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:49:47 am by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Alright, I've been rather busy lately, so don't expect updates often. I added the dwarves to the list.

"From the diary of Monitor Lizard Shorast, noble administrator:

Before getting off the carts, I ordered everyone to gather around so I could update the files. Of course, that is something the glorious nobles of the old world would do in the first place. Sir Crazyduck mumbled something about "bureaucracy" - those wardwarves are always so impatient. What does his nickname even mean? Is it supposed to be intimidating? He looks like a tough warrior indeed, but this title...

Anyway, after cheking all the names, the peasants headed westwards to starе excavating the nearby hill. I spotted a bunch of large saguaro cacti next to the caravan. These make good planks if you whittle them long enough.

One of our miners, Wasara, asked me if I would give his a chanse to do the cooking. I let him do this - this kind of initiative coming from a common dwarf is always appreciated. Carpetner Wolf was also given an order to take care of our cattle for a while.

After giving the orders, I decided to talk to our noble trademaster, Sir Grim, about the traders we are to trade with. We don't have the information yet, but, I suppose, there will be no dwarf, human, elf or goblin who will surpass our future prosperity. Exept for the glorious chief, of course.

I've discussed the organisation of a militia squad with Crazyduck... Dwarf, now I know why he's named like that. He gave me his ideas about how to call the squad. "The Bald Roofs", "The Obeisant Handles", "The Mechanical Beers"... Finally, we decided to stick to "The Keys of Defense". Sounds nice. I guess, we should give Crazyduck one of the commoners to train with for a while.

Wasara's just told me he and Olon have found patches of fire clay. If only we had enough fuel...

Wait... What is that?!

It seems a dark cloud of some kind has just drifted nearby. Wolf and Lyeos were almost engulfed with it, but managed to escape. I ordered everyone to get inside for a time.

That was close."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:54:44 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Lyeos escaped? Curses! Heh. Wish I could view these images on this iPad.
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 [2]