Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legendary +  (Read 2634 times)

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary +
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »

Some skills, is quite redundant (like ambusher for instance) others, the difference is notable.

Super-Legendary comabt skills (specially dodger and shield-user) can make you an unstoppable god, capable of killing whole packs of demons
whitout suffering a single scratch.

If only.

I had one such adventurer die to a named goblin corpse. Apparently zombies are insanely strong, especially if they were legendary in life (the strength compounds, I guess?). That adventurer has made short work of Dragons and Rocs simply by chucking Steel bolts into them, and have accumulated 1300 notable kills of various kinds (except for mummies, because curses). But this one goblin zombie simply punched him in his fully armored arm and that sent him flying, skidding against the ground, tearing the nerves in both lower legs. The goblin corpse then advanced on him and delivered a series of blows without ever letting him take one turn to retaliate. Until his skull got caved in and presumably was then eaten.

It was bewildering and terrifying at the same time.

I have since then refrained from engaging zombies at a melee capacity. It seems like chucking unsharpened rocks into them is the safest and most effective way of dealing with the Undead.

Would this have something to do with how night creatures do not yet have their attributes stuck at pre-transformation values?

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 01:16:54 pm »

Would this have something to do with how night creatures do not yet have their attributes stuck at pre-transformation values?

I don't really venture into the RAW files that much. But I thought zombies don't have the night creature tag? Unless this particular zombie was a werewolf before the zombification...? Is that even possible?

Thought it was just bogeymen, werewolves, and maybe dingo people.

It would explain a lot though. Because the only other time I've encountered a creature of similar strength to an ancient bronze colossus that could spit webs and kill other giant creatures by pushing them (which would send them flying into various obstacles).

All of this is Vanilla by the way. No weird mod shenanigans here.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 02:06:16 pm »

Some skills, is quite redundant (like ambusher for instance) others, the difference is notable.

Super-Legendary comabt skills (specially dodger and shield-user) can make you an unstoppable god, capable of killing whole packs of demons
whitout suffering a single scratch.

If only.

I had one such adventurer die to a named goblin corpse. Apparently zombies are insanely strong, especially if they were legendary in life (the strength compounds, I guess?). That adventurer has made short work of Dragons and Rocs simply by chucking Steel bolts into them, and have accumulated 1300 notable kills of various kinds (except for mummies, because curses). But this one goblin zombie simply punched him in his fully armored arm and that sent him flying, skidding against the ground, tearing the nerves in both lower legs. The goblin corpse then advanced on him and delivered a series of blows without ever letting him take one turn to retaliate. Until his skull got caved in and presumably was then eaten.

It was bewildering and terrifying at the same time.

I have since then refrained from engaging zombies at a melee capacity. It seems like chucking unsharpened rocks into them is the safest and most effective way of dealing with the Undead.

Holy hell! 1300 notable kills is INSANE!

Was the goblin zed a husk/thrall too?

in museum thread they mentioned that husks gain strength each time the mist hits them.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

haha, yeah the nerves and chopping off of limbs is brutal, one of my first big fights ever, i got hit in the foot by a elf wielding a spear, a nerve was severed and i couldn't walk anymore.... game over lol.

Adventurer can actually use crutches. You'll have to hobble about for a while until your crutch walker skill goes up, but eventually you'll be functionally indistinguishable from your former self.

Was the goblin zed a husk/thrall too?

in museum thread they mentioned that husks gain strength each time the mist hits them.

According to the example interactions, any kind of zombification triples strength. If you've got a super goblinly strong goblin and give it 300% strength, it could probably punt Bronze Colossi into orbit.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 02:03:17 pm »

Holy hell! 1300 notable kills is INSANE!

I guess. I think at least 300 of those were various named peasants and castle guards since I think I accidentally pissed off an entire Civ by killing and then butchering one of their domesticated animals.

I still wanted to loot the bags of wild strawberries lying around so I often had to hack my way through a bunch of peasants to get it.
Pages: 1 [2]