Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Off to kill my second real monster  (Read 1907 times)

blazing glory

Re: Off to kill my second real monster
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 01:59:24 am »

I killed my first dragon by throwing copper bolts into it from about 3 squares away, only took 5 bolts with a Competent level in throwing. Only thing you need to watch for is getting into melee range since dragon claws make tissue paper out of Iron and it doesn't give two diddlies about your Dodge level.

And shields do a pretty good job at blocking fire, even wooden ones apparently. Although I haven't come across any elves (not sure if there are any in Vanilla) so that is most unfortunate, since you can strap on 8 Wooden shields and they weigh as much as 2 iron ones apparently.
Does it make tissue paper out of steel?

Can't get Steel armor on human adventurers. So I dunno.

Wouldn't want to find out. You'll want to level up throwing anyway because it eventually becomes short range artillery.
Made dwarves get their own towns,somehow broke something and humans started getting steel their own size,not complainins,anyway for this run I'm laying off the throwing because it's OP,I've taken to sneaking up and choking my victems

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Off to kill my second real monster
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:24 am »

I killed my first dragon by throwing copper bolts into it from about 3 squares away, only took 5 bolts with a Competent level in throwing. Only thing you need to watch for is getting into melee range since dragon claws make tissue paper out of Iron and it doesn't give two diddlies about your Dodge level.

And shields do a pretty good job at blocking fire, even wooden ones apparently. Although I haven't come across any elves (not sure if there are any in Vanilla) so that is most unfortunate, since you can strap on 8 Wooden shields and they weigh as much as 2 iron ones apparently.
Does it make tissue paper out of steel?

Can't get Steel armor on human adventurers. So I dunno.

Wouldn't want to find out. You'll want to level up throwing anyway because it eventually becomes short range artillery.
Made dwarves get their own towns,somehow broke something and humans started getting steel their own size,not complainins,anyway for this run I'm laying off the throwing because it's OP,I've taken to sneaking up and choking my victems
That's probably humans who were incorporated into a dwarven civilization after a war. You can check if they have dwarven names to be sure.
Pages: 1 [2]